Recent content by Bob Carroll

1. B

What are you watching?

A bit off topic- I was fortunate to see Nolan pitch a few times when he was with the Angels. Couple of one hitters, a three hitter…and a thirteen hitter (he was shellacked). Did see a no-hitter…but it was Clyde Wright…in 1970.
  2. B

NFR Best and worst Xmas songs

“I’ll Be Home For Christmas” is on my list. After my dad passed away, I got a letter from an older distant cousin. She recalled as one of her early memories singing that song a bunch of times with dad when she was 4yo in Chicago…Christmas 1943…before he shipped out with the Army to Europe in...
  3. B

What are you watching?

Started watching this recently. Wife and I both like it.
  4. B

What are you watching?

Recently watched a Korean series “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” on Netflix. Thought it was very good.
  5. B

Giveaway time (Seahawk contest)!

Russ 256 Geno 192
  6. B

Your "Go To" salmon recipes...

Almost exclusively use the Traeger for salmon. Excellent flavor. If not the Traeger, we use a cedar plank (soaked in water for an hour or more) which works well too. Traeger at 300 degrees for 15-25 minutes depending on thickness. Not sure about the cedar plank…my wife does that version...
  7. B

NFR College Football 2022

Indeed, Fresno State will be a real test for the Trojans. We Trojan fans are anxious about that game. My guess is that SC goes 8-4 or 9-3 this year. Playing the Rice Owls in the Coliseum tomorrow. Expected to be 100 degrees at kickoff.
  8. B

1944, least we forget…

My Dad also arrived about a week later…D-Day plus 6. 2nd Division…Indian Head. Also served Korea and Vietnam.
  9. B

NFR How's the housing market where you live?

In Seattle’s U-District the forecast is for an additional 10,000 plus people to live there in the next 10 years. Zoning changes (building height and more) plus light rail access ( 2 stops plus the one near Husky stadium) have made this possible. Some new high rises have been built and opened...
  10. B

NFR How's the housing market where you live?

UBS put out a good discussion of stagflation a few weeks ago. In it they reviewed the 1970’s and Nixon’s part in helping cause it. Their view is that we do not have stagflation at this point. There is a good video…but it is almost 20 minutes long.
  11. B

Best piece of gear I own!!

I have a similar product from a competitor…MSR. Without that, I’m sure my wife would not go camping again. She needs her morning coffee…and fast!
  12. B

Go! Sounders

Great win! I’m still stunned that a 16yo played in the match at all…let alone for most of it.
  13. B

NFR Twitter

T. Boone Pickens was quite successful using these tactics on a variety of companies over several decades.
  14. B

Other Hobbies?

This thread is awesome! It has more twists and turns than Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride!
  15. B

Other Hobbies?

Pulling weeds…aka farmers art!