Recent content by BFC

1. BFC

Ilwaco fire today

It's Bornsteins plant. They have several facilities in Oregon, Washington and in Alaska. Small family business started by the dad, and now the two sons run it. Very nice family. Warehouse had waxed liner but no news yet how it started. Going to miss the Dungeness Crab season that just started.
  2. BFC

NFR NFL 2023 Season

Get rid Iof Pete and Geno. Enough already.
  3. BFC

College Football 2023

Don't post much but love Collegae FB. 1. UW 2. Mich 3. FSU 4. Bama
  4. BFC

Fly rod holder for Bote Zeppelin.

Glue on these Mighty Mounts with HH66 glue. Compatible with Scotty and Yak attack rod holders, along with host of other items. Omega rod holders from Yak holds fly, spin and gear. Mound one next to the seat on each side and one in front like Bote does from the factory.
  5. switchpad-flexible-surface-mount-with-mightymount-switch-mmsp-1002__08640.jpg

switchpad-flexible-surface-mount-with-mightymount-switch-mmsp-1002__08640.jpg

6. BFC

Fate of surplus hatchery salmon?

Andy and his wife are the owners of Fat-Cat Fish Co. They produce pet food using the fish from the hatcheries, they can't use fish with high fat content so those end up getting donated to the food bank. Andy and his group does not harvest any eggs to sell to the asian market from the hatcheries...
  7. BFC

Rod repair costs

Would not surprise me if enough people complain or have an attorney who fly fishes and feels he/she got screwed to start a class action lawsuit.
  8. BFC

Heat Shrink Tubing Question

No. Not the ones I received.
  9. BFC

Wanting to go again (Belize)

Are you guys buying your fishing license before you go or doing it when you get there and if you do where on Ambergris? The website for CZM to purchase the license is down for a while and they are only doing bank wire transfers which is high with BoA
  10. BFC

stoke - pics that make you wish you were there?

Those are the resident GT's on Farquhar. They hang out for free meals. This was a fish packing plant ~30 years ago, and they used to toss the carcass in the water. The weird thing is the fish plan has been closed for three decades but they still hang out for few morsels from the lodge.
  11. BFC

SOLD Tibor Riptide

One of the best saltwater reels on the market. With the custom color and graphics, its over $800, At $550, it's a steal. If I dint have a few I would buy this.
  12. BFC

Wanted NRX 12wt 4pc.

Yea. I regret selling il t. I wil check the otemailed sites out. Than you
  13. BFC

Kayak/Pontoon boat PFD recommendations?

The manual inflate is just below the collar and the auto pull is deep inside so no real chance of deploying. You can always remove the co2
  14. BFC

Kayak/Pontoon boat PFD recommendations?

The one you posted. The Khimera. got a $100 off from REI but would have paid full after trying it out last summer. Just very comfortable and don't need the pockets. Love the auto inflate as well.