Got any bird pics?

johnnyboy

Steelhead
What are you studying?
History.

If I had the brains I would have gone for something in the sciences (like the good fisheries program they have there, or geology). But unfortunately it has always been something I really struggled in despite my interest.

But maybe I'll take some fisheries classes to get reach my science elective requirement before I graduate.

Last edited:

RichS

Life of the Party
A male estern bluebird with the female mountain bluebird it has been hanging out with in our local park. This is supposed to be the first sighting of an eastern bluebird in the state of Washington and mountain bluebirds are fairly rare in Benton county as well.
IMG_3312.JPG
IMG_3315.JPG
IMG_3314.JPG

Last edited:

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
What a great capture, Rich!

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil

VAGABOND

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Wilson’s Plover, almost time to head south. They have the 2X size bill, ignoring the cannonball jellyfish who, if you look closely resemble some of the bad guys in the movie Alien

0598EB51-0144-4804-86C4-B02B6734CD40.jpeg

5D5C777A-E9EA-44B2-9204-57007EBA9E37.jpeg

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
The backyard coastal Golden eagle has been hit and miss the past couple weeks. I did have a once in a lifetime chance at some close shots but failed miserably in staying cool so my manual focusing missed. Back lighting was tough. Hopefully it is like one of these "100 year floods" that happen often so I can get another chance.

Really stout legs and feet on a golden with those dinosaur claws ! Love the fanning of the tail and wings on this species.. Very different than the other eagles here. With retreating white tail band and smaller white wing windows this year it appears to place him at about a 3+ year immature (total guess).

He has been sorting things out with the Bald eagles quite a bit.
Seems this year he does not have his way like he did last winter.

Last edited: