What plants, weeds and/or trees do you hate and why?

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
Aside from toxics and thorns, the worst I’ve experienced for bushwhacking was understory bamboo in the Valdivian rainforests of southern Chile. It branches at each node and gets heavily intertwined, like trying to hike through a wicker chair.
This belongs in the Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels subforum............ :giggle:

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Poison oak. I'm told the Prednisone cartel has botanists working on developing more potent strains of the plant and ornithologists training starlings to carpet-bomb riparian corridors with undigested seeds.

headduck

Steelhead
Himalayan blackberry root broke my back in the Seattle area... aggravated some long ago strain heaving til my body gave. Put me bedridden for more than week with longterm lingering frailties.

Didnt understand what was happening below with those crazy root balls. They are so good at what they do.

Thankfully my property is too dry for them now.

That darn thistle. That's what gets the most attention now.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Japanese Knotweed. Good for nothing plant.

Not totally true. For pollinators it's a great thing. Plus the walk to fish the mouth of the satsop now has a real Predator/Platoon feel. I expect evil Tom Beringer to be down there smashing kings talking about his he is reality and stuff.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Here here. Invasive. Brought to serve as livestock fencing. Worthy of nuclear.
There are blackberries on my property too but they haven't "taken over". My neighbor raises sheep. Their property which is just like mine with a little more grass area became devoid of salmonberries, blackberries, thistles... and other underbrush within just a few months after they brought in the sheep. They grazed the property of the next neighbor over this year. I may ask them if they want to graze my land next year. They still have Hazel trees though.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I'm not a huge fan of devil's club, poison oak or nettles. I don't care for any sort of blackberry bush either unless it's on someone else's property and I can pick the fruit.

Reactions: Zak

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Dandelions would be another in my book.
I do everything I can to keep them out of my lawn......but I have a neighbor who could easily win the blue ribbon at the Puyallup Fair for the largest entered if there was a contest for them.
SF