Whats in your smoker?

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Good grief that looks amazing!

My old Big Chief finally died. Gonna be looking to buy a new smoker this year for sure.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
That's a great price, we do the same and having smoked turkey around is a good thing.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Good grief that looks amazing!

My old Big Chief finally died. Gonna be looking to buy a new smoker this year for sure.
They’ll ship you a new heating element if you want to stick with the Chief. Mine died a few years back after years of smoking salmon with it.

So many new smokers out now with lots of bells and whistles, but those old school Little/Big Chiefs work well for the simple units they are.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
They’ll ship you a new heating element if you want to stick with the Chief. Mine died a few years back after years of smoking salmon with it.

So many new smokers out now with lots of bells and whistles, but those old school Little/Big Chiefs work well for the simple units they are.

Ya Im with ya. Especially for fish, I just dont think it gets any better than a Chief. Not great for a lot of other meats but for fish they are hard to beat.
Mine died in the most dramatic fashion. Not just a heating element unfortunately. It was dead in every sense of the word. Lol

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Ya Im with ya. Especially for fish, I just dont think it gets any better than a Chief. Not great for a lot of other meats but for fish they are hard to beat.
Mine died in the most dramatic fashion. Not just a heating element unfortunately. It was dead in every sense of the word. Lol

I've been happy with the Master Built 4 rack smoker for salmon and is only used for salmon.

I bought a Green Moutain that I'm using for all my red meats and chicken.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
I just bought a Green Mountain Daniel Boone, which seems like it’s going to be an upgrade from my Pit Boss. My favorite thing to smoke is tri-tip. When they are cooked right they are awesome, and so much cheaper than a brisket!

View attachment 6674

The Green Moutain's are sweet, my first thing I smoked on it was a tri tip!

klq@stl

Steelhead
My version of Calico Beans:
4 cans assorted beans of choice
1 large onion sauteed
1# hamburger
1# bacon
1 cup ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
1-2 Tbsp white vinegar
Tbsp garlic
glug of molasses

Smoke for 1 hour at 250 degrees

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
My version of Calico Beans:
4 cans assorted beans of choice
1 large onion sauteed
1# hamburger
1# bacon
1 cup ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
1-2 Tbsp white vinegar
Tbsp garlic
glug of molasses

Smoke for 1 hour at 250 degrees
Do you cook the hamburger and bacon separately, first?