What are you listening to?

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
This will take some precious time, 😥 but it's time well spent.
Watch it with your family. 🇺🇲

Brian Miller

Forum Supporter
Had KBRD in the ear buds while working in the yard.
A little traditional jazz for ya'll

Brian Miller

Forum Supporter
Another tune on KBRD today....

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
'tell me all your thoughts on God now, because I really want to meet her...'

Last edited:
A couple of ambient issues:

Kosmogon: Mässan
Featuring Nicklas Barker of Swedish band Anekdoten on orgel, mellotron, arp odyssey, & ljudband and Sophie Linder on mellotron, logan string melody, & elektronik.
With no beat and no readily discernable melody, the music still gives a feeling of going somewhere and has a depth that fulfills Brian Eno's description as "music that is as ignorable as it is listenable." RIYL: Tangerine Dream, Robert Fripp soundscapes or ambient music in general.

Jon Durant & Stephan Thelen: Crossings
Two experimental guitarists, one Swiss and the other from Portland, Oregon, exchanged files during lockdown and came up with this little gem. RIYL Durant's other outlet, Burnt Belief• Emergent, an outfit featuring Colin Edwin of Porcupine Tree and drummer Vinnie Sabitini. Nicklas can be found on psych-jamming outfit My Brother the Wind and classic horror movie soundtrack referencing Symphonic Holocaust by Morte Macabre. Thelen is guitarist and sound designer in Sonar and a Guitar Craft student.

Swedish lesson for the day, orgel translates as organ and ljudband translates as magnetic tape or samples in this case.

Last edited:

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
A couple of ambient issues:

Kosmogon: Mässan
Featuring Nicklas Barker of Swedish band Anekdoten on orgel, mellotron, arp odyssey, & ljudband and Sophie Linder on mellotron, logan string melody, & elektronik.
With no beat and no readily discernable melody, the music still gives a feeling of going somewhere and has a depth that fulfills Brian Eno's description as "music that is as ignorable as it is listenable." RIYL: Tangerine Dream, Robert Fripp soundscapes or ambient music in general.

Jon Durant & Stephan Thelen: Crossings
Two experimental guitarists, one Swiss and the other from Portland, Oregon, exchanged files during lockdown and came up with this little gem. RIYL Durant's other outlet, Burnt Belief• Emergent, an outfit featuring Colin Edwin of Porcupine Tree and drummer Vinnie Sabitini. Nicklas can be found on psych-jamming outfit My Brother the Wind and classic horror movie soundtrack referencing Symphonic Holocaust by Morte Macabre. Thelen is guitarist and sound designer in Sonar and a Guitar Craft student.

Swedish lesson for the day, orgel translates as organ and ljudband translates as magnetic tape or samples in this case.
Ok, and...??? Sorry, I just don't get the point on geeking out on details. Just sit back and enjoy it. If not your tastes, move on...

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Ok, and...??? Sorry, I just don't get the point on geeking out on details. Just sit back and enjoy it. If not your tastes, move on...
Eh, everyone enjoys music in different ways. Some folks love the details, some folks just love the grooves. Sort of like fly fishing. Some folks dig deep into tying flies and local Entomology, other folks just tie something on the line and toss it out there.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Eh, everyone enjoys music in different ways. Some folks love the details, some folks just love the grooves. Sort of like fly fishing. Some folks dig deep into tying flies and local Entomology, other folks just something on the line and toss it out there.
Yup..

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
People are often surprised when I tell them that this song was not a Santana original. Peter Green's guitar was superb! And contrast Mick Fleetwood's bricklaying with the more well-known Latin percussion of Satana's cover.

Fleetwood Mac a superb band, Peter Green so skilled...Santana one of a kind...Carlos used to practice in the garage of his parents house with the door raised in the Mission District of SF where we went to high school...could hear him playing blocks away, everyone knew early on he was going to be a flame thrower
we've been blessed with amazing guitarists, everyone has their absolute faves, these will do for me..
Hendrix
Duane Allman
Santana
Stevie Ray Vaughan

here's a hella fine jam..

Eh, everyone enjoys music in different ways. Some folks love the details, some folks just love the grooves. Sort of like fly fishing. Some folks dig deep into tying flies and local Entomology, other folks just tie something on the line and toss it out there.
Don't subscribe to streaming services so can't post the videos, just want people to have some idea of what they're getting. That's why I started with the descriptor ambient, if you're not interested, move on. 😉

And, oh, lifelong audiophile so yeah, I geek out on the details.