Is your desk a mess?

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Yes.
Everyone has a driving force in their life, be it religion, ambition, thrill seeking, or love.
I'm quite positive that mine is entropy.
I'm clean (i.e. I dust, scrub, sanitize surfaces, etc) but no matter how often I straighten things up, they seem to look like this hours later:View attachment 9405
My spouse - by his own admission - is "clutterblind", so no help there, motivation-wise!
My wife is the same…she makes me go from this…to this after every tying session…

Attachments

• 22D51C12-B0ED-42B3-8526-B35E78A8D8EB.jpeg
    22D51C12-B0ED-42B3-8526-B35E78A8D8EB.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 27
  • FA35BEFF-51DD-44D8-BE03-791CCD5AAC67.jpeg
    FA35BEFF-51DD-44D8-BE03-791CCD5AAC67.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 27

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
My wife is the same…she makes me go from this…to this after every tying session…
My wife and I struck a deal. We do not have a place to put a dedicated desk, so everything I have has to be able to be boxed up fit on one shelf. The deal is as long as those parameters are followed, shes not allowed to ask what I've spent on it.

Obviously this is unsustainable and I'm gonna pour a pad and get a 10x10 tying shed. But for now my "desk" is immaculate.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
My wife and I struck a deal. We do not have a place to put a dedicated desk, so everything I have has to be able to be boxed up fit on one shelf. The deal is as long as those parameters are followed, shes not allowed to ask what I've spent on it.

Obviously this is unsustainable and I'm gonna pour a pad and get a 10x10 tying shed. But for now my "desk" is immaculate.
I’m in the midst of renegotiating my arrangement…I too would like a permanent fly tying station.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Where's the mess?
You must have put up the wrong photo...
Really not that bad since I straightened up Sunday. That said, in the square we have a drawer of flash, a container of beads and dumbbell eyes and a container of diamond braid sitting on top of (mostly out of sight) a pile of rabbit strips and bucktail. In the circle my trash bin and random scraps/tools. Not bad but, thats after only a couple of hours of tying buggers leaches and chum fry since cleanup.

If your really interested, I’ll post a pic next week sometime….

9DC11D6D-239A-45A6-A4A8-44D0CE6D12B2.jpeg

Oliver1329

Life of the Party
Really not that bad since I straightened up Sunday. That said, in the square we have a drawer of flash, a container of beads and dumbbell eyes and a container of diamond braid sitting on top of (mostly out of sight) a pile of rabbit strips and bucktail. In the circle my trash bin and random scraps/tools. Not bad but, thats after only a couple of hours of tying buggers leaches and chum fry since cleanup.

If your really interested, I’ll post a pic next week sometime….

View attachment 9706
Still don't see it...

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Mine's not messy at all....

MwzUfUG.jpg

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
generally no but when i'm tying flies then yes

i clean up after each tying session