NFR NFL 2023 Season

Non-fishing related

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
If my math is correct we are down to 3 elite quarterbacks and Brock Purdy.

It wouldn't surprise me if all the QBs we saw last weekend wind up with a ring in their future.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
If my math is correct we are down to 3 elite quarterbacks and Brock Purdy.

It wouldn't surprise me if all the QBs we saw last weekend wind up with a ring in their future.
Think only 1 elite, none of the others have won a SB, Mahomes has 2

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
So does that mean Trent Dilfer was elite?
Took the words right out of my mouth.....or Brad Johnson.
Nope. 'Less Im mistaken, never said a SB win automatically made you elite. Look at the totality though, none of the other 3 have SB wins. Mahomes has the highest post season win percentage in football (13-3). LJ is still below .500 (2-3), Goff 5-3, so yeah, I stand by my statement. At the moment, hard pressed to put any other active QB in Mahomes' class (just the facts, not an opinion - reference to a different thread :) )

Edit to fix those dam typos

Go Chiefs

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
Nor was Joe Flacco in my opinion...Ravens two Super Bowl wins have been with great defense...good run offense and decent qb play...

The Chefs will have their hands full on the road against Action Jackson...it will be a good game.
Joe Flacco had 1 win (2013), and yes, it was primarily the defense that won. With the Chiefs, until this year, it was the offense that won those Super Bowls.

I do agree with you, the Chiefs will have their hands full on the road against Jackson. Same was said, and was true, about Josh Allen. I would also like to think, Ravens will have their hands full with Mahomes and the Chiefs defense.

Go Chiefs

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
Some interesting data on who the NFL just assigned as a ref for the Chiefs-Ravens game...😁https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/betting/chiefs-ravens-shawn-smith-referee-trends-impact/

Not even going to read it, could care less who the refs are.
No offense to those who enjoy this stuff—but this stuff just takes the fun out of football for me.

I'm with you, just going to sit back and enjoy the game, win or lose.

Cheers and Go Chiefs

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nope. 'Less Im mistaken, never said a SB win automatically made you elite. Look at the totality though, none of the other 3 have SB wins. Mahomes has the highest post season win percentage in football (13-3). LJ is still below .500 (2-3), Goff 5-3, so yeah, I stand by my statement. At the moment, hard pressed to put any other active QB in Mahomes' class (just the facts, not an opinion - reference to a different thread :) )

Go Chiefs

Somehow you failed to mention Purdy at 3-1, and his only "loss" came when he played less than a series.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Nor was Joe Flacco in my opinion...Ravens two Super Bowl wins have been with great defense...good run offense and decent qb play...

The Chefs will have their hands full on the road against Action Jackson...it will be a good game.
except he actually was elite....just for that playoff run. Then again, so was Nick Foles for that playoff run too.

Too much Chef's talk...

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Joe Flacco had 1 win (2013), and yes, it was primarily the defense that won. With the Chiefs, until this year, it was the offense that won those Super Bowls.

I do agree with you, the Chiefs will have their hands full on the road against Jackson. Same was said, and was true, about Josh Allen. I would also like to think, Ravens will have their hands full with Mahomes and the Chiefs defense.

Go Chiefs
We get caught up in those wins , and losses. Yup the Ravens are top dog . Not sure I’ve seen many analyst on these sports shows pick the Chiefs over the Bills ? Not that I paid a lot of attention. I’m sure it holds true with them playing the Ravens .

IMO it will play similar to the Bills game , a close game . Looking forward to it .

I couldn’t tell you which ref throws more flags than another , nor do I care . Here again as said in a previous post , have no control on what goes on in a football game , just hope the team I want wins .

Go Chiefs

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
except he actually was elite....just for that playoff run. Then again, so was Nick Foles for that playoff run too.

Too much Chef's talk...
Kinda felt that same way when the Seahawks were playing , taking up pages of posts . Nice to see that’s over with .

Ya , lot of talk with the Chiefs, best coach , and QB in the NFL . It’s the playoffs, and they are right there . What I do know is Mahomes is an elite QB .

Go Chiefs

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
That's just about the most captain obvious thing right there.... :LOL:
I just found it humorous the discussion on who was elite , and who wasn’t. Reason I even mentioned Mahomes .

I’ve watched a lot of QB’s since I got interested in football , around the late 60’s . Can’t say I’ve enjoyed watching any QB play more than I have Mahomes.

I wasn’t even a Chiefs fan until Mahomes , and Reid .

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter

Go Chiefs
You missed the last one. Spelling is an art.