What are you listening to?

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Sax is an expressive instrument, and we like to listen to the different artists doing their thing on the sax.
Sonny Stitt up now, another guy we like a lot.
Somebody here mentioned him at one time, checked him out and found some blues he does that are just great.
:)

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Sax is an expressive instrument, and we like to listen to the different artists doing their thing on the sax.
Sonny Stitt up now, another guy we like a lot.
Somebody here mentioned him at one time, checked him out and found some blues he does that are just great.
:)

MB,
You ever listen to Mindi Abair? Saw her at Jazz Alley years ago. Put on an excellent show. Also saw Ahmad Jamal there.
I still have my alto that I played through junior high. Played the baritone a bit as well. Fun instrumental to play and listen to.
I should probably donate mine to a music program somewhere. ;)
SF

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
When Dolly announced she had to do a rock album since she'd been inducted into the RnRHOF, I thought it would be cute! Lots of big names joining her, but the 1st single is solo, just released. Not gonna lie - made me cry for my kids

At first, Dolly declined the invitation, then changed her mind. The R&RHOF needs to change their name to the Music HOF…so many artists that are not involved in the rock genre are nominated every year, and so many deserving rock artists/bands are still waiting to get in. I have been involved in an effort for several years to have my step father inducted into the Hall for his contributions to the guitar and amp world, being the founder of Danelectro…

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
While Myles Kennedy may not have the greatest range in the world, I freakin' love his style, his voice, etc etc etc......

Bakerite

Steelhead
Forum Supporter

Coltrane is playing "What's New" Getz, Moonlight in Vermont. Great contrast between two of the best tenor players. I just heard a story about them doing a gig with their groups one after another in a New York Club in the 60"s. Coltrane finished his set and a group of young African American men got up to leave before Getz played. Coltrane asked them where they were going, then told them to stay a listen to Getz. They stayed and thanked him later.

Here is what I listened to today. Freddie Hubbard at the top of his game! Herbie taking one of his classic tunes "out" Great playing all around.

SculpinSwinger

Grey Ghost
Forum Supporter

Coltrane is playing "What's New" Getz, Moonlight in Vermont. Great contrast between two of the best tenor players. I just heard a story about them doing a gig with their groups one after another in a New York Club in the 60"s. Coltrane finished his set and a group of young African American men got up to leave before Getz played. Coltrane asked them where they were going, then told them to stay a listen to Getz. They stayed and thanked him later.

Here is what I listened to today. Freddie Hubbard at the top of his game! Herbie taking one of his classic tunes "out" Great playing all around.

Tim Cottage

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Young, South African, Classically trained, Cellist, Composer, singer. Put together all those influences and a few more and what do you get?
You get this guy. Abel Selaocoe creating a unique blend that I've never heard before. But I like it.

Last edited: