Stolen Gear Alert

RCF

Life of the Party
I get sssoooo bummed when I read/hear of this BS. We take years getting the equipment that marries our style, budget with our capabilites.

Jake you did not deserve this!

The perps deserve getting a treble hook with large barbs set into their balls HARD....

Last edited:

MT_Flyfisher

Life of the Party
If you have home owner‘s insurance, your personal property insurance will probably provide some protection for you, less the deductible.

My State Farm insurance policy paid me the replacement cost on fly gear that I lost several years back. As an example, some of the rods and reels that I lost might have cost me $100 when I bought them years back, but the comparable items cost $1000 to replace, and my insurance paid me $1000 when I replaced them.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Such a bummer, so sorry to hear this. Hoping against hope the catch the MFer.

cdnred

Life of the Party
Sorry to hear of your loss Jake, these tweakers need to be caught and made to take the punishment. Trouble is the courts do nothing to deter them from doing it again. These tweakers need to be keel hauled at the least and then fed to the sharks..

singlehandjay

Life of the Party
If anyone sees a too-good-to-be-true deal on the following gear, it might have been mine right up until dinner time tonight. After that, it became the property of some fucking tweaker asshat in Port Angeles who broke my back side window.

Burkie 7127-4 classic blue with titanium hardware serial unknown

Burkie 8134-4 classic green with titanium (?) hardware serial unknown

2 Hardy 7/9 wide Perfects with only slight rock and boat rash.
May I ask where you were to avoid the area?

Bagman

Steelhead
Yeah. Pretty much ends the season for me unless I can source new gear quickly. Got a line on a Death Star, though.
I have a Remington Dually, 8 line 13 foot 6. I know it not any where close to what you lost but it’s yours for what I picked it up for, never seen the water. I put a reel on it but it was more than I could handle. $100. I’m in PouLsbo. Drop me a PM if your interested

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Thank you all for your kindness and the very generous offers of gear to use. I’m still wrapping my head about next steps so if I don’t reply right away to you or if I miss someone please accept my apologies and my gratitude.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
May I ask where you were to avoid the area?
DowntownPort Angeles. Don't want to name the business whose lot I was in as it's not their fault and though I trust you folks I don't trust the internet to not show this post when someone looks up reviews/what not.

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
That sucks man, I hope you are able to recover your Burkie’s and Hardy’s. This shit piss’s me off! It’s happened to me. You just don’t fuck with another man’s vehicle!

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
DowntownPort Angeles. Don't want to name the business whose lot I was in as it's not their fault and though I trust you folks I don't trust the internet to not show this post when someone looks up reviews/what not.

Do you have the serial numbers?

LBL

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
You contacted the police right? The PA police department is made up of really good people. There is a FB marketplace that is well used here and I’d keep an eye out there. I live in PA and can be a point of contact if needed. PM if I can be of help.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
That sucks.
Might be worth contacting Waters West in case they hear or see anything regarding your gear.
SF

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
You contacted the police right? The PA police department is made up of really good people. There is a FB marketplace that is well used here and I’d keep an eye out there. I live in PA and can be a point of contact if needed. PM if I can be of help.
I did. There may be a development that they're going to follow up with me on later today.
Thank you for the offer of being a point person. I may take you up on that, just a lot of phone calls and folks in the mix already I'm trying to keep track of.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
That sucks man, I hope you are able to recover your Burkie’s and Hardy’s. This shit piss’s me off! It’s happened to me. You just don’t fuck with another man’s vehicle!
Sorry it's happened to you. It's a pretty crappy feeling.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I don't know how much I'm supposed to/should comment on what I'm told is an active investigation, not that I have a lot of information, but apparently there are some encouraging developments that may result in the capture of the person and, fingers crossed, the return of my gear.