So Long and Thanks For All The Fishes

Scottp

Legend
55556903008_6a3d47c7b4_c.jpg


20 years and 301,000 miles (13 and 166,000 with us); a great traveling companion and lots of wonderful memories. Never left us stranded (came close last year in B.C.) and besides 3 timing belts (the only minus on the 2UZ-FE, one of Toyota’s finest) nothing but oil changes, brakes, transmission and coolant flushes.
Sold it to a guy down valley so I’ll probably be seeing it around from time to time. If I do, I’ll give it a pat on the hood.

Regards,
Scott
 
I still miss my 2001 Tundra. That I-force V-8 had some raw power. Totaled it on an icy bridge in 2021 with over 200K on it and the only real repair was putting in a new radiator. Bought it in TX in 2008. When I totaled it in CA in 2021 the insurance payout was $75 less than what I paid for it after 13 years and 175K miles. Best re-sale value ever!
 
Replaced it with a “new” 2012 that has only 162,000 on the odometer.

55557683236_ff84e2b9e0_c.jpg


Belonged to a friend who was pretty OCD about maintenance so at least I know it came from a good home. Since we’re not driving cross country any more we won’t be piling up the miles like we did the first 7 years with the ‘06.

Regards,
Scott
 
Nice rig! We gave our 2001 Toyota Sequoia to our nephew at 301K miles. He’s put another 30K or 40K miles on and it is running strong. Replaced it with a 2021 GMC Sierra half-ton diesel but it died at 40K miles with a stripped flywheel. When we got it back from the shop five weeks later, we traded it for a 2021 Toyota Tundra with 29K miles on it. Runs strong and should be as reliable as the Sequoia.
 
Last edited:
Replaced it with a “new” 2012 that has only 162,000 on the odometer.

55557683236_ff84e2b9e0_c.jpg


Belonged to a friend who was pretty OCD about maintenance so at least I know it came from a good home. Since we’re not driving cross country any more we won’t be piling up the miles like we did the first 7 years with the ‘06.

Regards,
Scott
Twin to my 2017
1790650221892.jpeg
53K miles.
 
Wow! 301 K miles on it :eek: I remember when most people sold their vehicles if they got up to 100 K. But that was back when they didn't cost as much as a house.
That's some perspective! In 2000 I bought a new Subaru Outback for just a little more than I paid for my first house. Three years ago we bought a new Toyota Tacoma for very slightly less than TWICE what I paid for that first house. Sure is nice that cars and trucks last so many more miles than they used to.
 
Guess I won't worry so much about my 2000 Explorer with 110 K on the critter.... but I probably still will.

I’ve got a 99 with 285k on it. I’ve bought two cars since I bought the Explorer. I just wanted more of a daily driver that got better mileage and to extend the life of the Explorer. I drove those two cars almost 400k combined. I’ve always wondered how the Explorer would have handled nearly 700k. Not well likely…..😂
SF
 
FYI everybody, He means there are 285,000 species and subspecies of molds, mildews, mosses, bacterial mats and algae growing on the outside.
Can confirm...
 
Back
Top