Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Do you run any kind of junction tubing to keep the braid from fouling?Braid for me for the loop. Takes a beach beating better than mono or wire in my opinion. Leave your loop long enough that you can swap out the hook if it gets dinged.
I also like my stinger back behind the materials, not in them.
Another vote for Owner No Escape hooks.
A two handed strip will help convert some of those plucking bites to hookups. Just keep stripping even after you come tight on the fish.
Down here, I haven’t had to deploy the stinger yet. They are still pounding standard non stinger patterns.
SF
Do you run any kind of junction tubing to keep the braid from fouling?
Ha I've used both of those hooks for purely aesthetic reasons! Not sure it makes a difference to the fish.I wonder whether using a colored stinger would make a difference? I'm thinking I saw both chartreuse and red Gami octopus hooks on a rack somewhere a while back…
I missed the part about you fishing the beaches off Vancouver Island. Staging coho are nippy.Yup, they pounded the back 1/8th of an inch of my non stinger clouser today. Worst landing ratio I have ever had fishing, any time, any place, 1/13 fish on and running and a number of other plucks and pulls. I am sure you could hear me cursing all the way from Vancouver Island. Rain for tomorrow so I am home for a day. Will see what I can do about tying some stingers up!!!! Thanks for the feedback.