NFR Got any Herp pictures?

Non-fishing related
I went 2-2 on Pituophis today...
PXL_20260411_175133946.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20260411_195153804~2.jpg

🍻
 
Damn, I can't stand snakes.. lizards are okay! I had to bunny hop a rattlesnake one time on my mountain bike!

Plus every time I see the title of this thread I add an "es" on one of the words!

MFing snakes 🐍!!
 
Thamnophis sirtalis

PXL_20260418_162749455.MP~2.jpg


I was trying to get a pic of some of the frogs I was hearing and this big girl was likely hunting....but couldn't find them.
 
I found a snail... I know it doesn't count for this thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread! Couldn't find more, so no snails for dinner! 🫠20260419_095433.jpg

Well I found one.. Gator Chomp! Sorry, not sorry...
20260419_163312.jpg
 
Last edited:
Is that some kind of legless skink?
that's a rubber boa (Charina bottae)

insanely effective small rodent eliminators.
 

Rattlesnake 'mega den' livestream is back as snakes emerge from winter den.​



It just relaunched Monday and is very early in the season.

More about it:

 
Crossed paths yesterday afternoon with this guy while stepping over a famous creek. First thing I looked for was head size as this water snake closely mimics the Cottonmouth W/M which I’ve seen close up in NC a few times. Those are not to be messed with. Bad attitudes. The water snake and I continued on our merry ways.
IMG_3474.jpegIMG_3478.jpeg
 
Back
Top