What's in your vise?

Wiese’s Brindle Cripple

55565496122_e7c18bcd09_c.jpg


55566931820_f203eeeaec_c.jpg


55566931830_84094cd6c4_c.jpg


A few minor changes to Walter’s version.

hook - WFC Model 3 #12
thread - SemperFli 8/0 rust
tail - Congo Hair walleye #2
body - 50% hare's ear/antron, 25% olive rabbit/antron, 25% rust orange rabbit/antron (add a little gold rabbit after the other stuff's all blended)
wing - Congo Hair shiner tan
hackle - grizzly dyed march brown (Collins)

Regards,
Scott
 
Macdonald’s Split Head Smidge (variation)

55571083954_cd2e6403d6_c.jpg


55571340880_163dab3e0c_c.jpg


55571083949_fbb2560b33_c.jpg


55571340875_5f984e0da9_c.jpg


A number of changes to Scott Jackson’s version.


hook - WFC Model 11 #10
thread - SemperFli Nano Silk 50d orange
tag - Orvis saltwater thread fluoro orange/resin
tail - pheasant tail
rib - Mirage Flash opal
body - squirrel/hare’s ear
indicator - yarn chartreuse
splitter - large tinsel opal
abdomen - pheasant tail
wing collar/head - deer hair

Regards,
Scott
 
a'ight, finally thinking about muskies again....

Not that I need any flies, I did tie this one up to replace one that I'm sending out to a member. My current favorite color scheme, but more importantly, it swims as intended depending on one's cadence + strip strength, but also it's fairly intentional. I've always felt that with muskies (or rather tiger muskies as we have out here), one has to fish with both confidence and intention in order to be successful consistently. Even then, it still sometimes feels like a crapshoot.

3/0 Kona Carnivore out the back with a 30mm (I think) Big Game shank up front (could be a 40, just had a few sitting in the bottom of the box). Total length is only in the 7-7.5" range (edit: I had to measure: right at 7.5"), but that's right in the bread basket for my best Faux Musky flies. It's got all the things that will help it both walk the dog and act like a jerk bait depending on the angler holding the rod. Glide? ehhhhh, probably not so much.

PXL_20261007_014806640.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20261007_014800275.MP~2.jpg


🍻
 
Last edited:
Back
Top