SFR Testing the waters - 2000 F250 Lariat 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke - low miles

Sorta fishing-related
$29,000
Available
Location
Gresham
Shipping available
No
Evan B Seller Evan B
Member since · 8,387 posts
Marketplace reminder
Use normal marketplace caution. Confirm item details, pickup or shipping terms, and poster identity before making arrangements.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
2000 F250 7.3L - one of if not the most bomb-proof diesel Ford built

88,000mi
Short bed
SuperCab
Auto


I have two trucks and am starting to wonder if consolidating back to one is the responsible thing to do, so testing the waters. There are not many examples of this truck with this low miles, so pricing it has been difficult. I've seen listings between $35k-$45k, but am realistically thinking a bit under that. Most listings are 250k-300k mile trucks.

We purchased this from my wife's parents. It's been a low-usage, not worked-hard driver for the most of its life. I used it to pull my boat to the coast a few times a year, then do basic truck duties while keeping my F150 as a daily driver.

If anyone is interested, I'll get more photos. This is the only photo I currently have of it.
 

Attachments

  • 20260731_162552.jpg
    20260731_162552.jpg
    917.2 KB · Views: 77
1999' and 2000' the best years for the 7.3...bulletproof tow vehicles
Yeah, one of those things I'll probably regret, but our bathroom remodel is going over budget and this truck is a luxury we don't actually NEED. My F150 is... adequate... haha.
 
What does carfax offer you. Seems like maybe they’d give you what you are asking.
Want to trade for a jeep !
 
i would lift it and put a big exhaust on it and drive it through Soap Lake looking for ladies 😀
Maybe if I put spacers on the wheels to make them stick way out, lift it, make it louder, and tint the windows, it'd have people lining up to pay me double that :D
 
Indeed. Also forgot to mention our son is applying for colleges so the financial reality of that shituation is also setting in.
ugh..... college $, and remod $. luckily for college my girls college time did not overlap - except 1 year - which was.... tight... Over the years, i remodeled most everything on my old 1924 pdx bungalow - but i found the $ was much more manageable when i had fewer bucks to spend on it..... the last major remod, was master bath, and it cost way more than kitchen....
 
ugh..... college $, and remod $. luckily for college my girls college time did not overlap - except 1 year - which was.... tight... Over the years, i remodeled most everything on my old 1924 pdx bungalow - but i found the $ was much more manageable when i had fewer bucks to spend on it..... the last major remod, was master bath, and it cost way more than kitchen....
Hey the master bath is exactly what we're doing! :D
 
I am so happy I am beyond all of that. I finished the basement, remodeled 3 bathrooms and the kitchen. By doing it myself I saved over $150k if I hired it out. That helped pay for 2 kids through college.

Good luck with the sale of the truck...
 
I am so happy I am beyond all of that. I finished the basement, remodeled 3 bathrooms and the kitchen. By doing it myself I saved over $150k if I hired it out. That helped pay for 2 kids through college.

Good luck with the sale of the truck...
Oh we're definitely doing it ourselves.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RCF
88,000 miles?
It hasn’t reached puberty yet!

If diesel wasn’t currently priced like Bolivian Marching Powder someone should have bought it by now at that number
 
I get where Evan is coming from, a bit. I put my 2000 F150 XL with 182k on it up for sale before we moved and people thought I should hand it over to them at zero cost. Things got insulting.
Hoping he gets what he wants without having to deal with a bunch of jerks.
 
Damn, I wish I needed a truck, had room for a truck and had it in the budget for a truck....otherwise.... :LOL:
 
Hey the master bath is exactly what we're doing! :D
i was on a schedule to get the frigging master done. did all the demo, and then reframed. enlarged it to fill in where the old attic stairway was... had to use a certified plumber, as i relocated the drains... he came in with his gofer, and they roughed it out. they would be back in 10 days, or 2 wks, cant remember - he was going to be wine tasting in portugal after he did the roughing in..... ugh.
 
Back
Top