Nice day on the water

Stonedfish

Known Pluviophile
Forum Supporter
@Go Fish and I hit a lake yesterday in our tubes. Excellent fishing with many fish to hand. Nothing huge but some nice coastal cutts were landed and it was a beautiful day on the water. I got half my fish on dragon fly nymphs and the other half on adult dragons. It was fun to watch them attack the adult. Thanks for the invite Dave!
SF
IMG_8733.jpegIMG_8734.jpegIMG_8738.jpegIMG_8740.jpegIMG_8742.jpegIMG_8750.jpeg
 
Great report SF. I too found myself on a coastal CT lake this weekend. The full body launches after dragon flies is fun to watch.
I'm going to have to revisit the dragon fly patter post and tie up some adult DF patterns as I was unprepared to match the hatch but did Ok anyways.
 
Great report SF. I too found myself on a coastal CT lake this weekend. The full body launches after dragon flies is fun to watch.
I'm going to have to revisit the dragon fly patter post and tie up some adult DF patterns as I was unprepared to match the hatch but did Ok anyways.

Here is the pattern I used.
They chewed the foam tail off of a couple and destroyed several others. Funny thing is they were still eating it even with the tails missing. 😂
Most of the dragons we saw yesterday were reddish brown in color.
SF

IMG_8752.jpeg
 
Back
Top