College Football 2026

My (UW Husky alum) wife is coming back home from the coast in the AM because she "wants to watch Bama" in the afternoon. It only took 13 years or so to convert her to being an Alabama fan. It's easy to get used to (mostly) winning. I'm sure there's more room for all you sad UW and WSU folks in the Roll Tide ranks. ;)

Regardless of the rat poison around Bama being back, I'm not sure we're back enough to handle Georgia tomorrow but we'll see. Bama has freshmen and sophomores all over the starting line-up so I'm super excited about the future. Go Kalen! Nick who?

Makes me think of Swimmy, I hope he's doing well and gets disappointed tomorrow afternoon.

Roll Tide!
 
I lived in Alabama in the 60's when Bear Bryant was coach. Great coach and teams. Huge fan. It would take a lot , if ever, for me to be fan now...
 
Georgia is great but the refs have screwed us so bad all night. Amazingly bad calls made a lot of this game about shitty refs instead of two great teams.

I would seriously not want to be #5 in practice next week. That guy has been our achilles heel all season. Never seen Kalen so pissed.
 
Last edited:
Well, the OU-Texas game was great…and Bama got jobbed on the no call for PI…Indiana-Nebraska was also a sporty game
 
Last edited:
Bama coach forgot what its like to be a 19-year old kid in a high pressure game with massive consequences on the line. Admonishing a bad decision is one thing and making a public spectacle out of it is another.

Air Force makes it 4 -1 dropping about 5,000 feet to down N. Illinois 28 -7. The Falcons are 2 and 1 in the Mt. West. And yes, N. Illinois is in the Mt. West conference.
 
Bama coach forgot what it’s like to be a 19-year old kid in a high pressure game with massive consequences on the line. Admonishing a bad decision is one thing and making a public spectacle out of it is another.

Personally, I like seeing an old school sideline ass chewing. College football could use more of that rather then the coddling you often see after critical mistakes. I think it was well deserved in this case. That was a huge critical call and basically sealed the game for Georgia.
SF
 
Personally, I like seeing an old school sideline ass chewing. College football could use more of that rather then the coddling you often see after critical mistakes. I think it was well deserved in this case. That was a huge critical call and basically sealed the game for Georgia.
SF
100% Agreed. Respectfully, the previous poster does not get Bama football. The chief criticism of Kalen DeBoer has been that he's "too soft for Bama". I was glad to see the fire and so was the Alabama fan base and sports writers. From Bama Hammer on winners and losers from the game:

“Winner: Kalen DeBoer

Maybe it sounds silly, but I've never felt better about Kalen DeBoer as the Alabama head coach than I do in the aftermath of the three-point loss to Georgia. Part of the reason the Crimson Tide had a real chance to win the game despite a nothing-burger of a second half on offense was that he had the stones to go for the touchdown at the goal line with three seconds on the clock before the half. A conservative coach kicks the field goal and ties the game. DeBoer rolled the dice, and EJ Crowell punched in a touchdown that put Alabama in the lead at halftime.

And then, in the fourth quarter, DeBoer showed the fire and passion on the sidelines that Alabama fans have longed for. He went nuclear on the refs for the horrendous missed pass interference call in the fourth quarter that proved to be game-changing.

DeBoer then ripped sophomore CB Dijon Lee after Lee committed an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that gave Georgia a first down and ended the game.

I think we'll look back at this game against Georgia as a turning point in terms of fan perception of DeBoer as the Alabama head coach.
Excerpt From “4 winners and 4 losers from Alabama's infuriating loss to Georgia at home”
 
Back
Top