Anchor Worms on Trout

Wetswinger

Beneath the surface of the mud, there’s more mud.
Forum Supporter
Have any of you caught a trout lately with lesions on and under the skin of a trout.? I believe they are anchor worms and I encountered an infected trout today, in Summit Lake, Thurston, Co. Do you know if I could pass these parasites along to other lakes on my equipment or boat.? This is the first time I have ever caught an unfortunate fish with in this condition. It was one hurting unit. Oh well, just a heads-up..
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Zak
Apparently you can transfer the anchor worms eggs from lake to lake on your equipment if it is not fully dry. This includes anchor ropes. If you’ve been or plan to go to Summit Lake be sure to dry all of your gear before heading out again. I don’t know but expect this pest is found in many other lakes around here, so I might just be the boy calling wolf….
 
Back
Top