A win after working with WDFW - Mineral Lake

Shawn Seeger

Legend
Forum Supporter
NOT BRAGGING just sharing a win

So, today was the completion of 1.5 years worth of work. I worked with WDFW staff (hatchery, biologists, area managers) and worked with local community leaders and business owners, wrote up and followed the state process for submitting change requests and I took water temperature reading for am entire spring-fall, I asked fellow fisher people to write letters of support (email and paper) and they came through (THANK YOU).

I was promoting the benifts to statewide anglers that come to visit, families that camp and fish, and my fellow fly fishers that like to catch rainbows and german browns in my home lake.

And today while holding my best that it would be announced today it became official!

Mineral Lake's season is officially open for catching the month of October this year and going forward!!! Wahoo

I wanted to share because many don't think we can make change and I just want to say this is the second time in 3 years with the help of other (on this forum) we have achieved several positive changes that benifts US.

For those that helped and encouraged me (and the state) THANK YOU!

GO CATCH some fall fish!


P.S. there is a discount code of you want to camp at Mineral Lake Lions Den!


Screenshot_20260929_222441_Facebook~2.jpg
 
NOT BRAGGING just sharing a win

So, today was the completion of 1.5 years worth of work. I worked with WDFW staff (hatchery, biologists, area managers) and worked with local community leaders and business owners, wrote up and followed the state process for submitting change requests and I took water temperature reading for am entire spring-fall, I asked fellow fisher people to write letters of support (email and paper) and they came through (THANK YOU).

I was promoting the benifts to statewide anglers that come to visit, families that camp and fish, and my fellow fly fishers that like to catch rainbows and german browns in my home lake.

And today while holding my best that it would be announced today it became official!

Mineral Lake's season is officially open for catching the month of October this year and going forward!!! Wahoo

I wanted to share because many don't think we can make change and I just want to say this is the second time in 3 years with the help of other (on this forum) we have achieved several positive changes that benifts US.

For those that helped and encouraged me (and the state) THANK YOU!

GO CATCH some fall fish!


P.S. there is a discount code of you want to camp at Mineral Lake Lions Den!


View attachment 193578
Congratulations on your successful effort to extend the fishing season, Shawn!
 
@Shawn Seeger
Nice job! Getting WDFW regulation changes done is no easy task.
SF
 
Excellent!, I’ve always wondered why many lakes closed as early as they do when I lived in Washington. October is usually a great time to fish. It sure is here. Congrats on your success and all the work you put into this.
 
Well done!
 
Back
Top