Search results

  1. chief

    Days on the water - 2022?

    I fished about the same number of days as most years. I mostly fished locally, which is typically not a full day, but a quick run to the river or a lake to fish for a few hours. During the spring, summer and fall I do this almost every day. On hike in trips to alpine lakes, the fishing part is...
  2. chief

    What's in your vise?

    Double tungsten Pheasant Tail variation on a jig hook.
  3. chief

    Favorite fish of 2022

    This was one of the nicer cutthroat landed from many alpine lake hikes last summer.
  4. chief

    SOLD NIB Simms Tributary Waders - Size Medium - 9-11 booties

    SOLD - I purchased these waders for my son in law, but the neoprene booties are too small for his feet. They are new with the tags still on. They were taken out of the box once for him to try them on. Retail price is $150. I am selling for $100 including shipping to the lower 48. I accept PayPal...
  5. chief

    SOLD Epic 686 6wt Fast Glass Fly Rod

    Bump. Lots of lookers but no takers...
  6. chief

    SOLD Epic 686 6wt Fast Glass Fly Rod

    SOLD - New in the tube with plastic still on the cork. Retail price is $595 plus $30 for shipping from New Zealand. Asking $475 shipped to the lower 48.
  7. chief

    SOLD 6wt rod - Scott Meridian

    The NZ special, as mentioned above, doesn't have a fighting but so it is more of a freshwater style rod with a wood reel seat even though the rest of the components are the same as the saltwater version. It is a cannon.
  8. chief

    SOLD 6wt rod - Scott Meridian

    SOLD - Scott Meridian NZ Special - 9' 6wt in very good condition. A very powerful rod that is not easy to find in the United States. Asking $600 shipped to the lower 48.
  9. chief

    Simms waders seam tape delaminating, again.

    This is not intended to be a bash on Simms thread. I have a lot of their products, and for the most part I think they make good stuff. But I do have a couple of bones to pick.... I posted on the old WFF site about the seam tape delaminating on my Simms G3 waders that were less than 2 years old...
  10. chief

    SOLD Simms G4 Wading Jacket - Size Large

    Fall rains are coming…
  11. chief

    Giveaway time (Seahawk contest)!

    Wilson 226 Smith 157
  12. chief

    SFR iPhone 14 will offer satellite connectivity for emergency location and communication...

    I have a ZOLEO for this purpose. It is $20/month for the service after you purchase the device and integrates with an app on my phone for sending text messages. I can suspend the service in the off season and reduce the payment to $4/month. I hike alone fairly often so it gives me peace of...
  13. chief

    The best ALL-AROUND freshwater 5wt? Scott or Sage?

    The Douglas Sky rods hold their own with the Scotts. They are very smooth casting rods with lots of power. To me the action is very similar to the Hardy Zenith. I have Scott Radians, Hardy Zeniths and Douglas Skys, and they are all great rods. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them...
  14. chief

    SOLD Simms G4 Wading Jacket - Size Large

    SOLD - New with tags Simms G4 wading jacket. Size large. Retail is $699. Selling for $500 shipped to the lower 48.
  15. chief

    Time for the high lakes.

    Yes, they had warning signs for the last bridge, before you get to the lake and the cut off for the Cutthroat Pass trail. It says the stringers are damaged beyond repair and failure is eminent. It didn’t look that bad, so I, and several other people, took our chances. I felt it was safe enough...
  16. chief

    Time for the high lakes.

    I have started high lakes season too. I hiked my Wilderness Lite tube (purchase inspired by Dave) into Black lake up the Chewuch drainage on Sunday. It is totally snow free at 4,000 feet. The fishing was pretty good for feisty rainbows up to 15”. On Tuesday I hiked into Cutthroat Lake just for...
  17. chief

    Kitchi

    My mom is a plant nerd. She use an app called “Picturethis” to identify plants, and it is pretty good.
  18. chief

    Show us your go to “Happy Place”

    Just the other day......
Back
Top