Search results

  1. Para_Adams

    Best Low Budget Fly Rods And Reels???

    I second the Redington Classic Trout rods, but then I prefer the early graphite rods with slower action. Easy casting, good performing and cheap.
  2. Para_Adams

    Today is my Alive Day

    Jerry, thanks for your post and great news!
  3. Para_Adams

    FS classic Fenwick fiberglass FF85 2 pc

    Oh my! I’m happy with the positive feedback. It confirms my surprise how good it felt sending my 8 wt line out to 75’ on my lawn, and it also was lighter in hand than expected. It came to me in a purchase of a few early graphite rods which scratched an old itch and which I’m regularly fishing...
  4. Para_Adams

    FS classic Fenwick fiberglass FF85 2 pc

    I'm offering a possibly mint Fenwick Ferrulite FF85 fly rod. It's a 2 piece 7-8-9. I have lawn cast it with an 8 wt and it's quite amazing actually. I would bet the rod has never been fished and both rod and sock are excellent condition (with the exception of the original tube which shows...
  5. Para_Adams

    Pacific Bonito "swarm" in San Diego bay.

    I grew up catching those and had an absolute blast. Eating our catch later, after festering all day in a warm “gunny sack” sitting in the sun was not my favorite thing gag gag!
  6. Para_Adams

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    Yes, last winter was very disheartening watching the drier and warmer weather. It will be interesting to see how the impending Super El Niño treats Central Oregon.
  7. Para_Adams

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    We fished East Lake yesterday for a few hours starting mid morning. Very slow catching for us and as far as we could see others around the lake. Bright sunny and calm. Fish were occasionally rising but the only bugs we could see were a few callibaetis here and there. Some very very large...
  8. Para_Adams

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    Visited Little Lava today and was disappointed to see just how low and off color it is this fall. I should not be surprised given the extreme lack of snowpack last winter. The fishing seemed very slow compared to last couple years there. If there's a new technique that will work in these...
  9. Para_Adams

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    Hey All, this is NFR, except that the mention of Lava Lake reminded me of when I was standing in the dark on the shoreline of nearby Elk Lake last June shooting the dozen images that combined into this, I kept hearing trout jumping in the dark along the shore. Magical. (note: it was far, far...
  10. Para_Adams

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    You and me both, brother! I would guess that with enough repeat tries I could figure that Lake out, but with about a half dozen alternatives all around I never seem to. My occasional efforts at Crane have been pitifully poor!
  11. Para_Adams

    Cascade lakes advice? (Oregon)

    I fish those lakes somewhat often, mostly in June and September/October. In fact, you might even see me out there at one of them later next week...PM me if you'd like to know which one I'll be fishing. I love those lakes because I actually do best with dry flies. There are days when a...
  12. Para_Adams

    Stillwater indicator line

    Those fish were holding deep that day - I consider it an extra challenge to reach them with the bobber set up. But that's not for everyone for sure.
  13. Para_Adams

    Stillwater indicator line

    Last week I was casting, or rather, trying to cast, an 18' leader with bobber 2' from my fly line and a weighted bugger at the end. Probably looked like a drunk baby stork trying to get that weighted bugger airborne and heading out at least 30'. There may be some folks who have the knack for...
  14. Para_Adams

    Bamboo and a break in the smoke

    We added pearlescent backs to our scuds in the late 80's with great success in E WA lakes and Rocky Ford. My buddy visited Thuya Lakes Resort in BC one summer and shared the flashy pattern with the resort, and the following season the resort was selling them to their guests as the hot new fly...
  15. Para_Adams

    Bamboo and a break in the smoke

    Dave, gotta' say, your fly tying is remarkable. I've been tying off and on for 42 years now and recognize high level technique and I admire yours. Keep up the posts and the use of your classics. All great stuff!
  16. Para_Adams

    Bamboo and a break in the smoke

    Nice day for you Dave! Cool to see the Water Seal getting a day on the water. Is that the lake I visited with you?
  17. Para_Adams

    Cortland collection

    When were you there?
  18. Para_Adams

    Cortland collection

    I was typically at Fall Creek below the falls if the landlocks were running (not many caught by me), Owasco Inlet to cast hares ears into the head of its twists and turns for planted rainbows, and the old Power Plant up Cayuga in winter where I had a few banner days on landlocks and many other...
  19. Para_Adams

    Cortland collection

    I’ll always have a soft spot for the Cortland brand. I started fly fishing in 1983 when my wife and I moved across the country to Ithaca NY so she could get her masters degree at Cornell, just a short drive from Cortland NY, home of Cortland company. And they had a factory outlet store where I...
  20. Para_Adams

    Bamboo in Heirman Country

    Small fish but massive adventure. Well done Dave!
Back
Top