Search results

  1. Bruce Baker

    What you watching. 😆

    I watched it as well. I also watch Dale Jr. and his wife's podcast called Bless Your 'Hardt.
  2. Bruce Baker

    Voyage to Saint Brendan's Island (Mauritius - April 2025)

    Outstanding! Superb photos and text. It was great to read and what an awesome adventure!!
  3. Bruce Baker

    My favorite video of the Spring.

    Thanks for posting this!
  4. Bruce Baker

    Interesting Juvenile Salmon Behavior

    For those that are interested, here is Shaul et al. 2013 paper.
  5. Bruce Baker

    Interesting Juvenile Salmon Behavior

    @Shad I found the paper!
  6. Bruce Baker

    First high lake trip of the year.

    Glad to hear you had a fun trip! And I echo the comment of @aaronj ....Those SPOTS!!
  7. Bruce Baker

    Goonies rocks, Surf perch, sand, birds and whatnot

    Glad to hear the trip went well. Some very nice pics! I counted two and then one bird in the photos that you said you swore there were birds in these photos....lol
  8. Bruce Baker

    Landing net for pontoon

    Price-wise, you may want to look at the Measure Net (https://themeasurenet.com/). I am using the medium size for my float tube and I replaced the net bag that came with it with a rubber net bag. The large or guide jr. may fit your needs.
  9. Bruce Baker

    Why in the world does WA still have paper-only fishing licenses?

    I guess it's an online thing because I have bought my license the past 2 years in-person at WDFW HQ using my credit card and I have not paid a credit card. I frequently go for a lunch time walk with former co-workers, so the next time I am there, I can ask them about it.
  10. Bruce Baker

    Throwing junk lake report

    I know it's not the case, but the way that photo looks, it looks like you photoshopped him into the pic....lol
  11. Bruce Baker

    Why in the world does WA still have paper-only fishing licenses?

    I get a yearly non-resident Florida saltwater license. I used to get it in-person when I visited, but I have used both the FWC's website and app. I get a renewal reminder and if so desired, I get my licensed renewed each year automatically. For novelty reasons, I have also bought a hard card...
  12. Bruce Baker

    On lake fly line dressing.............?

    I have not used it, but I have seen a silicon based product called Special Delivery. Simply spray it onto your line, while it's still on the reel. The solution will soak through the coils of line and there is no need to wipe the line down.
  13. Bruce Baker

    SBS furled jig leech

    Impressive!
  14. Bruce Baker

    Pay to play lakes??

    In eastern Washington (north of Spokane), there is a place called 3 Lakes Fly Fishing. I have never fished it, but the hosts of a show called Fishing with Ladin aired a few shows from this location. https://3lakesflyfishing.com/
  15. Bruce Baker

    Spawn Fly Fish Roof Caved In

    I just saw a shop update video and the sale was a success. They are going to be able to fix the roof.
  16. Bruce Baker

    Top fly rod fish

    Thanks for chiming in. I had never heard of the Pacific Jack Crevalle and it never came up in my Google search. I was pretty sure it was not the Crevalle Jack, but I doubted myself since my Google search came up empty and the fish in the picture that I had looked at referred to it as a Jack...
  17. Bruce Baker

    Spawn Fly Fish Roof Caved In

    Are you referring to the polliwog tails? They are amazing! I have edited this post to add that the sale is not ending today, but is actually ending tomorrow.
  18. Bruce Baker

    Top fly rod fish

    That is a cool looking fish. I have never caught a Crevalle with vertical bands like the one you caught, I only have caught them in the Gulf of Mexico and in the Atlantic off of Florida. So I was not sure. However, I did some Googling and I found a photo of a guy holding a Crevalle caught in...
  19. Bruce Baker

    Top fly rod fish

    I would add Jack Crevalle to the list
Back
Top