Search results

  1. the_chemist

    Coho run coming up short?

    That was in regards to the summer chinook and strelhead fisheries I believe. Opener on the 26th may indeed be delayed if they dont have paper chinook for potential bicatch mortalities and they havent been pushed through by rain. This opener is already the latest i can remember. Combing that...
  2. the_chemist

    Coho run coming up short?

    Im beginning to think large return forecasts are nothing more than an excuse for treaty and commercial to harvest more than what is sustainable with the assumption that sporties will get shorted.
  3. the_chemist

    Stilli opener delayed

    If 9 is non-selective today, it would have been nice to let all the guys sorting through wild fish to find hatchery brats.
  4. the_chemist

    Stilli opener delayed

    Its almost like when opportunities are limited, systems that are open get extra pressure. I sure wouldn't be hitting the chuck at this point if there was a decent river option.
  5. the_chemist

    Stilli opener delayed

    On snohomish basin chinook spawning. I was told the snoqualmie origin fish are more threatened and spawn later. I have caught chinook in the snohomish basin in late September. That being said, they have. Utilized selective openings in the past to mitigate impact (up to the pilchuck...
  6. the_chemist

    Stilli opener delayed

    I mean silvers and trout are throughout the system now. Kings should be about wrapped up.
  7. the_chemist

    Stilli opener delayed

    https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/emergency-rules/north-fork-stillaguamish-close-all-fishing-and-stillaguamish-river-mainstem-remain-closed-until-2026-09 For fucks sake.
  8. the_chemist

    Coho run coming up short?

    Updated the link. Not sure what happened there. Edit: it's the wdfw website. Another thing they have screwed up.
  9. the_chemist

    Coho run coming up short?

    https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/emergency-rules/salmon-fishing-close-lake-washington-2026-09 Coho run coming back less than expected.
  10. the_chemist

    Skagit Closure

    Its almost like limiting opportunities increases impacts on the systems that are open.
  11. the_chemist

    Coho 2026

    It can be done!
  12. the_chemist

    Coho 2026

    It's that time of year. Show me what you got.
  13. the_chemist

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    I mean i dont fish them often (or nymph in general) but pegged beads gut hook fish 10000x less than egg flys.
  14. the_chemist

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    Buggers. Always get a few targeting coho. Some of really good size. Later in the season beads/ egg flies.
  15. the_chemist

    PS Chinook fishery in-season management grade

    100% this. Years of "good stewardship" claiming shit like this was sustainable is the reason we don't have chum runs anymore
  16. the_chemist

    PS Chinook fishery in-season management grade

    I must of missed the chum brood stock success on the sky. That run is a shell of what it was even in the early 2000s.
  17. the_chemist

    Tire chemicals and coho

    https://www.threeriverstu.org/6ppd-q The local trout unlimited chapter is installing filters on road storm drains that filter out 6ppd-q
  18. the_chemist

    Deals at online Retailers

    I didn't need a new pair of g3s but ill be glad I have them in a couple years. I guess this is one way to not carry too much inventory.
  19. the_chemist

    SFR Cabelas inflatable pfds (spoken for)

    Did these end up being picked up? Im interested if they are still available.
Back
Top