Search results

  1. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    Check out this blog by Anil at fly water travel https://farbank.com/blogs/fly-water-travel/christmas-island-outfitters-set-apart-by-people-places-purpose
  2. Rob Allen

    Russ Peak

    For starters it requires much cleaner working surfaces. At it is generally is creates a transparent rod blank every speck of dust or errant graphite fibers turn into glowing flaws in An otherwise perfectly good blank. Fiberglass prepreg is much stickier than graphite it tends to...
  3. Rob Allen

    Russ Peak

    Loved Tom and visited him every summer on Montana trips.. He was as picky as they come.. Fiberglass is incredibly difficult to work with and making blanks good enough to ease Tom was an amazing challenge.
  4. Rob Allen

    Wind

    Been so windy up here i cannot practice distance casting. Ever wanted to reaquire that sense of being a totally newbie caster? Try pushing past 100 feet with a 9 ft 5 wt and a true to line weight line.
  5. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    Plenty of room left
  6. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    Planned on it. Lines, reels, leaders flies.. it'll look like I planned to be there for a month.
  7. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    I just meant bring them on the trip so there are spares if someone has an accident.
  8. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    Sounds like solid advise. I'm planning to bring at least 3 8 weights a 9wt and something for GTs If I have room 2 9s and 2 10-12 weights. Just in case someone needs a spare
  9. Rob Allen

    What Country Have You Visited and Want to go Back to?

    Well the only other country I have visited is Canads. So I guess Canada.
  10. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    We will see, I'll certainly be prepared, for everything.. over prepared acutely But I want to actually learn not just bounce around from thing to thing.
  11. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    I wanted to go to Mexico but fly water travel has no open weeks for our shop. We've been going to Christmas Island for a few years now so it's a location we could actually get into.
  12. Rob Allen

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    This will be my first trip. I am learning as much as I can from my supervisor who has been there the past 3 years. I am planning to have a great time. It appears someone has answered the boat question before I could get to it. It's been a long time since I have explored something new...
  13. Rob Allen

    What are the 5 most important and most used materials in your flies?

    Red saddle tackle Silver tinsel Black chenille Kingfisher blue saddle tackle White Bucktail
  14. Rob Allen

    John Day

    I know people screw up at Clarno rapids on occasion, is it all that tricky?
  15. Rob Allen

    I truly don't understand the physics of fly line backlashes

    Never reel your fly line all the way onto the reel.. the line will get under itself and you'll chase that know all the way to the backing. There are other causes, but that's the one I see the most.
  16. Rob Allen

    NFR Need vehicle opinions.

    Nothing with a cvt style transmission..
  17. Rob Allen

    Christmas Island!

    https://bigyflyco.com/pages/christmas-island if you want some warm weather in February come join us! We also offer 20% off gear purchased for this trip.
  18. Rob Allen

    The Hoot Owls Start in YNP

    Ironic. I was just on the Big Hole. It was running bank full from recent rain and snow it was still running in the high 50s-low 60s at wise river.. I imagine hoot owls will be there soon.
  19. Rob Allen

    OFFICIAL 2026 NFL SEASON DISCUSSION

    As always.. Go Houston Oilers :)
Back
Top