Search results

  1. PhilR

    Holy crap! It's been 4 whole years! - PNWFF Anniversary Post

    Appreciate this place, and all you knuckleheads who make it what it is!
  2. PhilR

    What's in your vise?

    Dreaming of warm summer lakes
  3. PhilR

    2026 Swap and Shop

    I think I grabbed the last spot. Looking forward to it!
  4. PhilR

    2026 Swap and Shop

    Sounds like fun.
  5. PhilR

    DIY cargo storage hacks for pontoons?

    I feel like I commented this on another thread, but I have a friend who deconstructed a shopping cart and put the basket on the back of his pontoon. So that’s an option
  6. PhilR

    Found: spinning outfit

    I found a spinning outfit on a coastal trib this weekend. Ping me with a location and description if it’s yours.
  7. PhilR

    Need some clarification on the banana jinx

    One must not even think about bananas, or you've lost the game. Along those lines, there's always a relevant xkcd.
  8. PhilR

    Deals at online Retailers

    TFO axiom 12 wt on sale at sierra. Good tuna rod https://www.sierra.com/temple-fork-outfitters-axiom-2-x-saltwater-fly-rod-with-case-12wt-9-4-piece~p~7wrrm/?filterString=fishing-rods~d~190%2F&merch=prod-rec-prod-prod7WRRM
  9. PhilR

    How cool is this..

    #5 no cooler, no beer
  10. PhilR

    The Positivity Thread

    I’m interested. Always wanted to try that lake I like this idea. There’s a lot of stress, but a lot of good in my life. After 30 years together, my wife and I had a dicy patch but we’re on the mend. Healthy grown kids who are a joy to be around. Job is challenging, but in a good way, and I work...
  11. PhilR

    Changes

    Good news Nick. Glad to hear it.
  12. PhilR

    Looking at Drift Boats

    Drift boats are kind of the PNW jack of all trades, master of one. I like my drifter for moving water, but it’s definitely suboptimal for stillwater or tidewater. If your main use is not rivers, and it sounds like you have other options for that, I’d focus on something else. And, wooden...
  13. PhilR

    How have you adapted to fishing with Age and Medical Challenges?

    This is a good point about inflatables in moving water. They are Mae West style and will roll you onto your back. Its nearly impossible to get on your belly if you need to swim aggressively to avoid a strainer.
  14. PhilR

    How have you adapted to fishing with Age and Medical Challenges?

    Just turned 60, and have a couple of strategies. - I use a thrift store ski pole for balance. - I keep a whistle on my waders in case I need to call for help. - I have collected a bunch of younger fishing buddies. I need to do more cardio and weight training, but I do keep dumbbells in my...
  15. PhilR

    Fall BWOs on the Yakima

    I have two of these boxes. One with nymphs and pre-strung dries. Another with lake flies, and pre-strung two- and three-chironomid rigs.
  16. PhilR

    Fall BWOs on the Yakima

    I hate trying to tie on a tiny fly in the midst of a hatch. I tie them on to like a foot of tippet at home with good light, and wrap it up on a page in a fly box for leaders like that. Then, just a double surgeon to tie the tippet to the existing leader.
  17. PhilR

    PNW Flood Watch - Dec 8-12, 2025

    Our lady of the blessed sump pump, hear us in the hour of our need
  18. PhilR

    Double nymph rigging question

    There’s a fix for the moving place to place tangles I picked up from troutbitten. Get some small o-rings at the hardware store and put a few on the rod where the dropper flies would sit. Use them as hook keepers for the droppers.
  19. PhilR

    AI - spot AI

    I’m so conditioned by my company’s immersive phishing tests that Im skeptical of anything that hits my inbox. Wonder if something similar can be done for this? The Butlerians may be onto something here
Back
Top