Search results

  1. PhilR

    Tuna 2026

    @Burt Dagger and @Cabezon I forgot to ask, what were the seas/waves like?
  2. PhilR

    Tuna 2026

    Great report. I thought tuna fishing sounded ridiculous until I got out there, and now I’m about it.
  3. PhilR

    D and NU closures

    Don’t threaten me with a good time
  4. PhilR

    Quality time on the "local" trout ditch....

    If the snake hook acts as snake repellent you should bring it every time. It was a beautiful day out there, with a wild mid day tiny caddis(?) hatch. Fish would rise when the clouds hid the sun, and then hide again. I could just barely reach them roll casting my euro rod with fly line and a...
  5. IMG_4534.jpeg

    IMG_4534.jpeg

  6. IMG_4537.jpeg

    IMG_4537.jpeg

  7. PhilR

    Deals at online Retailers

    Must have been a flash sale, as they're back up to $550
  8. PhilR

    NFR Queens are out and about

    I do that with a milk crate and a cinder block
  9. PhilR

    Tuna 2026

    Not crazy about these guides, might cut the coating.
  10. PhilR

    Tuna 2026

    Looks like the same boat Gordy runs out of Hammond. Having the walk around deck is sure nice. I have a broomstick of a bamboo trolling rod, and I’ll put a floater on a medalist. Close enough?
  11. PhilR

    If I Had a Life Do Over

    Never too late, Rob
  12. PhilR

    What you watching. 😆

    Finally getting around to watching Ted Lasso. Saw the first season right before the World Cup, so it was good to have some context about soccer culture. I appreciate the battle between American toxic positivity and British sweariness.
  13. PhilR

    SFR "Premium" purchases you found to be "worth it"

    I would never pay this much for headphones, but my wife got me some top of the line Sony headphones. The sound is great, and the noise canceling means I don’t have to crank the volume. Which the old tinnitus appreciates.
  14. PhilR

    Garibaldi Tuna! - July 31

    It’s really too bad that you had to cut short such a beautiful day on the water 🤣
  15. PhilR

    Reflections from the end of my first long term relationship

    It’s a metaphor. Get out there. Try stuff. Sow your wild oats. Your future wife will appreciate the skills and experience you pick up along the way.
  16. PhilR

    Reflections from the end of my first long term relationship

    When you're out fly fishing, you switch flies or move down the beach if things aren't working, right? You wouldn't stay with your first job out of school, either. It didn't work with this girl, so move down the beach, try some different flies, experience different things and people. Have a good...
  17. PhilR

    How do you secure bead chain "eyes" or lead barbells eyes to a hook shank?

    before you tie, hit the shank under the eyes with a file to rough it up a little. that plus a little super glue holds them tight
  18. PhilR

    NFR 6 Planet alignment tonight

    Wouldn’t that be a seven-planet alignment?
  19. PhilR

    Floating phone case?

    I use a tab similar to Zack’s, from outxe. I hook it to a strap that goes around a wader strap or around my neck
  20. PhilR

    NFR World Cup

    This is me
Back
Top