Search results

  1. Wadin' Boot

    Got any bird pics?

    Martins were out in force today The male purple martin is hard to make out as much other than a silhouette. With the beak lit, turns out they look sorta grumpy... The hay bale is slowly decomposing there's a starling in this shot
  2. Wadin' Boot

    The dreaded ‘D’ word

    I can't say much about the fishing in and around Disneyworld. Part two of the question is betrayed by part one's I want to do something that's fun for me close to Disneyworld because I am stuck hafting to go there for part of it .... Part two of the question is perhaps way more important how...
  3. Wadin' Boot

    Very Memorable Experiences in your Life

    Krusty, leaving all your academic and professional success aside, the glasses might have also ruined your chances of becoming a successful International Male model. and @Otisdog - wow, kudos for you for showing up and helping out. It's disheartening to read that narrative, it sounds like a...
  4. Wadin' Boot

    The Cape of Cod report

    Plus the flats you don't have those seals to worry about...
  5. Wadin' Boot

    1st World Old Man Problem - Tendonitis

    I had this a few years back and think it was due to a combination of poorly matched reel/rod and kayaking with a crappy paddle and gripping the paddle way too hard and rod grip that was also too tight. Often it also coincided with a lot of spring garden work and pruning. It's a big bummer MD and...
  6. Wadin' Boot

    Clouds

    This was a while back, I think it was route 26 in Oregon
  7. Wadin' Boot

    Got any bird pics?

    All Ospreys... the martins are bummed.
  8. Wadin' Boot

    Ants!

    that fish looks weirdly happy to be in that net
  9. Wadin' Boot

    Fishing Mentor

    Never had one. Just loved it way more than anyone else in my family. Milk crate full of gear bunjied on the back of a bike riding to whatever body of water had fish.... Pretty much all of it self taught.
  10. Wadin' Boot

    Strange, weird or odd or whatever beach finds thread….

    It's shovelin' time
  11. Wadin' Boot

    Puget Sound

    Messing around on the big minus yesterday, went way out on the flat. if the tide was a little higher the fine sand turns into mud, so walking was good. This one had both mirage and reflection, plus the water and the land were almost indistinct with the distance haze/mirage/evaporation off the...
  12. Wadin' Boot

    Got any bird pics?

    Walked out about a quarter mile onto the big minus. I wanted to see these guys.... Wish I had a longer lens for these shots
  13. Wadin' Boot

    Yakima River

    Floating the canyon on a hot summer day, even without fishing it, is probably one of the great joys of living where we do. To me it is always cool to see a large group of various people floating, not looking at their phones, everybody's happy.....everybody's in the spirit. It's a cool thing to...
  14. Wadin' Boot

    Got any bird pics?

    Goslings threw the autofocus with their backlit fuzz. File under "Crap Bird Pics"
  15. Wadin' Boot

    Yakima River

    Had I been carrying my Panini machine (the Avantco PG100GS Commercial) wading the Yak years ago, I may not have made it, that's about 12 pounds of unwieldy metal tipping the scales. PLus I think the circuitry wouldn't have taken a dunking, unlike say the Wolfgang Puck refurbished which may...
  16. Wadin' Boot

    Yakima River

    If that's your style we gotta go fishing sometime! Can't decide what I would prioritize, the sandwich or the river.... that top part of your photo has been kind in years past. Though around the corner I misjudged my wade and spent an hour drying most all of my shit on the shore. Fished for a...
  17. Wadin' Boot

    Boat Positioning for SRC

    I will anchor up in the kayak, and use the anchor trolley to orient to wind and current for the safest easiest cast angle. Over time I have found it is a lot more enjoyable, once I know where the fish are, to beach and then fish from shore. Casting from a kayak vs from shore- the latter is a...
  18. Wadin' Boot

    SFR Cooler advice

    Billy if you are thinking about spending a little more this "New" custom Reverend Baby Billy Freeman food truck might serve all your needs. Food storage, food prep, new tires, freezer AND refrigerator .
  19. Wadin' Boot

    SFR Cooler advice

    Can't stickers make it cool? An example, my stripping basket, just like my trapper keepers, got way cooler with stickers.
  20. Wadin' Boot

    NFR Owl House help

    Thinking like Mark it might be the paint, some of my bird boxes are less popular when painted. Alternatively having never seen an Owl nest, but knowing they are out there, would then assume it needs to be hard(er) to see and find. At least where I live the crows are relentless in outing any owl...
Back
Top