Search results

  1. Mike Cline

    Flexo Crab - Early Attempts

    Flexo Crab Update In my quest to learn how to properly tie a Flexo Crab fly, I think I’ve made some progress over my initial attempts. Apart from the looks of the fly, what remains to be tested is their durability which will have to wait until a Nov/Dec trip to Florida. I went to one of our...
  2. Mike Cline

    Musky Fool Reincarnated — FigureEats.com

    Great news for some of the best bucktail around. https://figureeats.com/
  3. Mike Cline

    2027 Inshore Saltwater Fly Patch Donation Completed

    It took about eight weeks of almost daily tying to get this one completed. My first of two big fly patches I donate every year to the annual Madison-Gallatin TU fundraiser every February. The saltwater patch is a favorite among the folks who venture down to Florida every winter. Freshwater...
  4. Mike Cline

    Flexo Crab - Early Attempts

    I decided to add a few new patterns to my annual MGTU banquet donation of a large boat patch chock full of saltwater patterns. One of the new ones I thought I'd try is the Flexo Crab, a popular flats pattern. From the tyer's viewpoint it was an intimidating pattern that just didn't fit the...
  5. Mike Cline

    U.S. Forest Restructuring Plan

    “ Tax the rich and tax the corporations because we the general population are the ones who directly pay for roads, airports, shipping ports, social nets, public schools, etc etc through our personal and local taxes, which without there are no business owning billionaires.” Statements like the...
  6. Mike Cline

    Montana Fisheries Plan 2026-2030 up for public comment

    https://fwp.mt.gov/public-notices/news/2026/aug/statewide-fish-management-plan-ea-fwp-fcea-fsh-r8-2026-025 The next MT FWP Fisheries Plan is out for public comment. There’s a lot of decent info about Montana fisheries—East and West embedded in this document.
  7. Mike Cline

    The Legacy on Distributary Creek

    Made my way to Distributary Creek this morning with the kayak and a new rod. My GoTo T&T No Sanctuary II 5 wgt is being repaired and I really didn't have another ultra-fast 5 wgt so I went all in on the new TFO Legacy 9' 5wgt which they tout as ultra-fast. First trip verified the marketing...
  8. P8251443.jpeg

    P8251443.jpeg

  9. P8251454.jpeg

    P8251454.jpeg

  10. P8251459.jpeg

    P8251459.jpeg

  11. Mike Cline

    Paprika

    I’ve used these for years. Always stays fresh and useful.
  12. Mike Cline

    Paprika

    https://www.myspicesage.com/pages/search-results-page?q=paprika
  13. Mike Cline

    Watch your fingers!

  14. Mike Cline

    SBS: Myakka Minnow

    SBS: Myakka Minnow The Myakka Minnow is a simple, versatile baitfish imitation fly, originally tied by Steve Gibson for bass and panfish on Florida’s Myakka River, effective in both freshwater and saltwater. Origin and Purpose The Myakka Minnow was created by Steve Gibson in 2005 after a...
  15. Mike Cline

    Recommendation for 7 wt sink tip

    The 200 grain will be a rocket with a ultrafast 5 weight or fast 6 wgt. Good find. Rig it up with 12” of 20# Amnesia with perfection loops at both ends, Attach 3-5’ 0X tippet with a perfection loops on one end to attach to the Amnesia. The Amnesia will protect the fly line if you snag and...
  16. Mike Cline

    Russ Peak

    This 1996 work by the Johnsons is an excellent treatise on the subject.
  17. Mike Cline

    What are the 5 most important and most used materials in your flies?

    The most important tying materials are somewhere to be found in this conglomeration of stuff. Depends on the day and what I am tying. I will comment on two materials mentioned by the OP and others—thread and chenille. Although I am sure I have a huge stash of traditional chenille in there, I...
  18. Mike Cline

    Back-Country Route Making back in the day

    While I was still in the service in the mid-1990s we’d (my wife and I) make an annual trip to Lake Kabetogama in Voyguers National Park. We’d haul the bass boat up to the same cabin resort every year to catch smallmouth and pike. The resort owner was from an old family that settled on Lake...
  19. IMG_1204.jpeg

    IMG_1204.jpeg

Back
Top