Search results

  1. skyriver

    How Many Knots Are In Your Arsenal?

    Another life-long improved clinch guy here. And like @up2nogood I've never had a reason to change. When it's failed it's because I knew I tied a poor knot and was too lazy to re-tie. I only do that when chasing stockers, which is pretty often in the spring. My knots and their use- Improved...
  2. skyriver

    NBA 2025-26

    Let's see how long Bronny stays on the team now. He's cheap, but guaranteed. And since they picked up Thybulle, they'll need to cut someone before the deadline. I was one, of the many, that thought he should not have been drafted. And I still have that opinion. However, if he shows he can...
  3. skyriver

    Oh look, another CAPR and more bent glass...

    If you got a GoPro and attached it to a cheap piece of pipe you could stick it in the mud and take pics like this idiot.
  4. One for Bill.png

    One for Bill.png

  5. skyriver

    Oh look, another CAPR and more bent glass...

    The lights on, lights off is so frustrating. Way to keep your cool and get em! And @Jim F. quit hotspottin man. 😁
  6. skyriver

    Most regrettably the time has come

    Hat, Welcome to the forum. Please scroll up man. (y)
  7. skyriver

    Beverly Fire

    I hope he had insurance. Let us know if there's any sort of Go Fund Me type of thing for him.
  8. skyriver

    NBA 2025-26

    I don't blame Lebron for signing with the team he thinks gives him the best chance at winning a ring. It's pretty much what anyone in his shoes would do. However, it does add to his ring chasing reputation. I'll leave it at that. I hope it goes well for him. Bring back the Sonics!
  9. skyriver

    Issue with Breaking Off Second Fly

    Just here for the girth comments....
  10. skyriver

    Beverly Fire

    This thing is covering some ground. I wonder if the shitter has damage. The rough camping area to the west of the parking lot might look a bit different. Man, hope the dude that sells honey didn't get too much damage. He was already hanging by a string.
  11. skyriver

    Beverly Fire

    Man, this sucks. The people in this town don't have much. Already 7 homes destroyed. Sounds like it's burning down Lower Crab Cr Rd headed east. https://www.khq.com/fires/beverly-and-schawana-told-to-leave-as-railroad-fire-grows-7-homes-destroyed/article_9dc65e9d-3735-48fd-a54f-aa6313332582.html
  12. skyriver

    Issue with Breaking Off Second Fly

    I have definitely lost the dropper off a bad hook eye because the dropper was tied on the hook eye gap side. Is it possible the dropper fly was tied on that side? You wouldn't lose the upper fly because the dropper knot would block it from slipping thru the gap. Also, the upper fly typically...
  13. skyriver

    Be safe today! (Spelling corrected)

    Of course, in a dry year, it rains the day I'm getting a new roof. I hope the underlayment is mostly waterproof! The rain has stopped, but still some big thunder clouds here SE King Co. I hope everyone else gets rain. Dry lightning sucks!
  14. skyriver

    Waders - The awesome, the bad, the leaky

    Not to drift too much here, but what's the pros for waist high? I think I would get mad at myself every time I couldn't wade deep enough.
  15. skyriver

    AK 2026

    Man, all those fish look healthy! And so cool seeing a lynx! I'd rather see that than the bear coming up river. 😁 Great trip!
  16. skyriver

    Be safe today! (Spelling corrected)

    Where's the new safe? 😁
  17. skyriver

    Issue with Breaking Off Second Fly

    You mentioned that "there was no evidence of any of the tippet from the dropper fly". This makes me think the 3x is not breaking, but rather the knot is slipping out of the eye. Could the knot be slipping out here? Some hooks are notorious for having too big of a gap here.
  18. skyriver

    Waders - The awesome, the bad, the leaky

    Yep. I think the ones I have became the Swiftcurrent Expedition. Sturdy is the perfect word. Definitely not summer weight.
  19. skyriver

    Waders - The awesome, the bad, the leaky

    Starting in the late 2000s, I got ridiculously good results buying the lightweight Caddis waders from Sportco in Tacoma every few years. They were only like $129 and would give me 3 or 4 years. One pair lasted 6 or 7. And that was with many hours in a float tube and the Commander. Sometime in...
  20. skyriver

    I truly don't understand the physics of fly line backlashes

    What backing is that? I don't like loose braided backing like that. I think it has too much "squish" factor and leads to mono or other running line digging down into it. I had one last year that was quite the head scratcher. No bueno!
Back
Top