Search results

  1. skyriver

    Galveston red

    Nice! Glad you got some action. 100 on a kayak sounds rough, but at least the water was within arm's reach.
  2. skyriver

    Puget Sound

    I wasn't aware they did that. They were 100% chinook. They had that black barring on the tail. Mystery solved! Thanks Brian
  3. skyriver

    NFR 1966 CJ 5

    Now THAT's a Jeep. Good luck!
  4. skyriver

    Puget Sound

    I finally got back out to the salt this morning. It's been WAY too long. Launched at Point Defiance and mostly fished the west side of Vashon. Not the best beaches, but I was doing a bit of scouting. I did fish the kelp cliff there with my WF8S SA Sonar Titan I/3/6 on the Aetos 8wt. You know...
  5. skyriver

    A little less smoke on the water but those clouds.........

    They must get enough food out of the schmoots to make it worth it. I've seen videos of guys on the Missouri just put on bushy dry like an Irresistible and just put in the schmoots chow line and wait. Playing the odds. They pick small patches of schmoots so their odds go up, but it's still just a...
  6. skyriver

    A little less smoke on the water but those clouds.........

    Were the hex hatching? I have to think they cloop those big juicy things if the bass don't beat them to it.
  7. skyriver

    NFR Data Centers near you?

    I can confirm that at least 83 of them are on my friends giant cattle and wheat ranch. Yep, 83!! She smiled and said "it sure makes ranching a little easier!" Haha! I bet it does. It obviously put them into a WAY higher tax bracket. The good news is they are good people and give considerable...
  8. skyriver

    NFR Data Centers near you?

    Haha! I think the billion dollar companies building these data centers could probably afford to build them without convincing the county to steal/change your property. What's the saying? There's more than one way to skin a cat. Grant County PUD was in a great position to call the shots, but...
  9. skyriver

    Bent out of shape...

    True...
  10. skyriver

    A little less smoke on the water but those clouds.........

    That's carpin. Way to get out there Pat! Sweet mirror
  11. skyriver

    Bent out of shape...

    C'mon man. Keep the tires wet! That poor thing is looking like a humpy at Lincoln Park.
  12. skyriver

    NFR Data Centers near you?

    Speaking of data centers... https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2026/aug/18/wa-utility-can-take-land-for-data-center-power-lin/
  13. skyriver

    NFR Data Centers near you?

    I get that she probably has a very small team. Just hope they keep it fairly clean or it will lose it's legitimacy. I did go ahead and submit my concerns. And there is a little irony here. That site is 100% aided by AI. 😁
  14. skyriver

    NFR Data Centers near you?

    I like what Erin is doing, but just like all sites that depend on the community for input, there are flaws. Like the map showing my town of Covington Washington. We do not have a data center. The dot on the map is for a proposed BESS, but the community member or the admins of the site added...
  15. skyriver

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    Congrats on the offer! My sister-in-law's father is from PA and big fly fisherman. Well, he was. His fishing days are over, but he loved fishing back there, as recent as the 90s. I'm sure it's changed a bit, but I'm sure still plenty of trout and bass spots. Good luck!
  16. skyriver

    If You Could Create Your Own Fish

    A steelhead that could handle 80 degree water, escape all predators and return to the rivers April thru October. And hell...why not, only rise to my riffle-hitched, hand tied #6 Steelhead Caddis. 😁
  17. skyriver

    Tuna 2026

    Glad you guys caught some fish! Very cool that Nick brings the fly fishing experience to that charter. They should be damn happy to have him. My high school buddy usually goes out a couple times when the weather cooperates. He invited me out for Saturday, but I couldn't go. I haven't heard the...
  18. skyriver

    Bent out of shape...

    I know how big Randy's net is. Fatty!! 🤘
  19. skyriver

    Which booties for lightweight float tube hiking?

    I bought a pair of barely used regular black suede high top Vans for $25 off ebay. 😁 I bought 2 sizes big, probably could've gone 2.5. They work well for short hikes under 2 miles over my Patagonia waders. They are great for fins. I was tired of looking at over-priced, uncomfortable neoprene...
  20. skyriver

    Single Hand not Spey

    Ah, yep. I think you're right. The CPS was replaced by the CPX. The RS4 was the mid-priced copy of the CPS. I always forget about the CPS. I know guys that have the old RS3, RS4s and CPX, but none that have the CPS. I got my RS4 and a 1st gen Rise 5/6 reel and a rod case for $30. I think it...
Back
Top