Search results

  1. skyriver

    What do you cut wire with?

    Same. They do well on 100# fluoro as well. You know, when I'm casting wet socks for those stupid log fish.
  2. skyriver

    College Football 2026

    The Ducks are almost as overrated as Arch Manning. 😁
  3. skyriver

    Landscape Photos - Fishing Related (show us yours)

    2 from the JD- And one from the Klick. Not sure I'll make it this fall, but if I do I'll try to take this one again for comparison.
  4. skyriver

    Please

    My oldest aunt, who lives in West Linn Oregon, was vacationing in NYC. Her hotel was only 8 blocks away from ground zero. She had visited the World Trade Center just 2 days prior. She couldn't see the towers from her hotel, but could see & smell the smoke. And hear all the sirens. All she could...
  5. skyriver

    lithium battery questions

    One thing I know is the power cord on my old 2005 Minn Kota bow mount got almost too hot to touch when trolling full speed with my old fully charged lead acid battery. I would give it breaks because I was worried about burning up the motor or the cord...Or the damn boat! 😁 It doesn't get hot...
  6. skyriver

    Redington RS4

    I really like my 9' 6wt RS4. It's a great beach rod. It casts a WF6I SA Sonar Titan full intermediate very well. Also does great with a WF6F SA GPX. I got mine really cheap, but I'd have no problem paying $200 for one in good shape. Great rod.
  7. skyriver

    Puget Sound

    That TFO is tough!
  8. skyriver

    Tailing Caprs

    Nice capr day!
  9. skyriver

    Puget Sound

    That's a nice one!
  10. skyriver

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    I was just going to reply to your original post...the Spruce Fly should be in every SRC box! Salt or fresh. And you've reminded me I need to re-tie some Purple Joes. Thanks!
  11. skyriver

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    There's one fly that has out-fished a #6 or #8 Brat's Brat and a #8 Royal Coachman Streamer for me. The Professor in size 8. You're welcome. 😁
  12. skyriver

    The good boat deal thread

    I'm still waiting for my Wigeon to be shipped. To be fair, they had a warning it may take 8-12 weeks to ship because of high order volume. A weird flex, but I don't need it immediately. Be nice to have it for October, but we'll see.
  13. skyriver

    College Football 2026

    Ducks win and will probably go down in the polls. Broncos lose, but will probably go up in the polls. 😁 It's a great time of year!
  14. skyriver

    College Football 2026

    Broncos D is legit. I thought Ducks would move ahead after that stellar punt. Flipped the field, but no go. If they lose this... :oops:
  15. skyriver

    College Football 2026

    Yeah, Sunday on Labor Day weekend. Pretty dumb. It might be good for the Cougs this year. They are looking more outgunned than most seasons. Sure hope they keep the series going, but get a better spot next year.
  16. skyriver

    Oar for Dave Scadden?

    Nice rig!
  17. skyriver

    D and NU closures

    It's hard to sit out when you could be hooking, fighting and landing a beauty like this
  18. skyriver

    D and NU closures

    JD closed now too. I guess that makes my decision to burn or keep my time off a bit easier. Ugh... And this means the Klick & GR will be even busier than they already are. I'm going to sit this year out. Looks like a fall of fishing for invasives with some trout sprinkled in.
  19. skyriver

    Up at the crack: fishing day breakfasts?

    Hold on there cowboy. It depends on what time you eat dinner. We usually eat by 6 or 6:30. And we don't eat huge portions. My years of telco ops & engineering have made me a night owl. I usually go to bed at 11. And since I sit on my ass all day for work I'm mowing the lawn, tinkering with the...
  20. skyriver

    Up at the crack: fishing day breakfasts?

    I also would order those burritos. 😁 If I need to get out the door early, especially if I have to hookup the boat, it's a small bowl of Costco Cascadian Farm Blueberry Almond Crunch. It's the low sugar (uses dates to sweeten it) low carb cereal that I've settled on since I'm a cereal guy, but...
Back
Top