Search results

  1. Gary Knowels

    UNOFFICIAL NHL 26-27 Season Chat

    I very much enjoy watching Olympic hockey on TV and WHL in person, but I'm not a huge fan and it doesn't displace my fandom for other sports. However, now that we're in Pittsburgh, I'm going to try to get a little invested in the penguins. We're gonna try to get to a game or two this winter as well.
  2. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    I like a mix of ancho-pasilla, morita, guajillo, New Mexico, and arbol. Well rounded flavor and spice. Deseed then toast with whole cumin, coriander, black pepper, and 1/2 a cinnamon stick. Cover with boiling beef stock and let sit 15-20 minutes then blend as smooth as possible before adding...
  3. Gary Knowels

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    I got outside for the first time today. All of my fly gear is in the shipping container which isn't set to arrive for another weeks, but I was able to squeeze my hiking boots and pack into the roof box of our car on the drive out. Robin and I were thankful to get out and have a nice day. I took...
  4. Gary Knowels

    Backyard Wildlife

    Behind our rental in urban Pittsburgh, barely moved when I went to park where the upper doe is standing
  5. Gary Knowels

    FS Framed Caddis float tube/kickboat

    Man that would have been ideal
  6. Gary Knowels

    The good boat deal thread

    No iceberg required
  7. Gary Knowels

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    We have a furnished rental for October in East Liberty then will be looking for a yearlong lease, most likely in the neighborhoods just to the east of UPitt
  8. Gary Knowels

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    You're too kind, I'm only pleasant on other people's boats 😉
  9. Gary Knowels

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    Thank you, it certainly wasn't easy. I think I really the job market sucks except for certain areas (geographic, sector, company). I estimate that from June 15 through September 20 I submitted close to 200 applications, had interviews at 9 organizations, 6 of which I moved to final round of...
  10. Gary Knowels

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    Everything closed on our house today, it's all done. I also formally accepted a job offer in Pittsburgh. I'll be working in a lab that manufactures radioactive medicines and I'm very excited about it. That has a tentative start date of 10/26 so I'll get a few weeks to settle in and learn the...
  11. Gary Knowels

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    Me too! That creek is incredible and such a wonderful memory, thanks for showing me around. The picture of you waist deep between the logs fighting a behemoth pops up on my camera roll often! If you're ever out east...
  12. Gary Knowels

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    I hear there's one or two streams that hold a few trouts. We'll see what we can find Just because I'm leaving the region doesn't mean I'm leaving the community!
  13. Gary Knowels

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    If all goes the way it should with the job offer, I'll be taking some time out of the classroom and returning to my lab scientist roots 🤞 After a decade of teaching I'm ready for a bit of a break and working a predictable 40 hr/week job will be immensely helpful while my wife goes through her...
  14. Gary Knowels

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    I wish we could have, but that's how it goes sometimes. We might be back, we'll see. If you find yourself in our area, look me up and I'll make sure to have a couple fresh loaves for you.
  15. Gary Knowels

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    Signed our title paperwork yesterday and received a job offer this morning. Waiting on official offer/salary negotiation from HR. It's officially started... We head east Tuesday
  16. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    I bet that collar is insane
  17. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Rosemary, it's a beast too
  18. Gary Knowels

    The good boat deal thread

    Free old but functional framed float tube https://pnwflyfishing.com/forum/threads/framed-caddis-float-tube-kickboat.13824/#post-311593
  19. Gary Knowels

    FS Framed Caddis float tube/kickboat

    Bump. We move in 5 days and this can't go with us. Someone take it for free? I'd rather a forum user get use out of it than some FB rando
  20. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Mine is damn near a tree. I cut about 6 feet and $5k worth of bay (grocery store value) off of it yearly
Back
Top