Search results

  1. D

    Tuna Questions

    This is what I've been doing: Steak some tuna loins about 3/4th inch thick. Coat in a coarse salt for 10-12 minutes. Wash off all the salt with tap water. Put on a rack in frig for an hour or two. Smoke for 1 hour. Make a mix of chili garlic sauce and brown sugar. I eye ball it but roughly...
  2. D

    Tuna Questions

    I've started smoking last years tuna. Makes pretty good snacks.
  3. D

    Tuna Questions

    If I recall correctly, @adamcu280 got about 45 lbs from 5 1/2 albacore last year. In my limited experience the tuna were typical size ( except for one peanut).
  4. D

    Albacore tuna charter, Tuesday, 1 September 2026

    I was impressed with Chance last year. Seemed pretty knowledgeable about fly fishing for tuna.
  5. D

    Fly tying stuff

    Looks like some good Farrar stuff for marlin flies
  6. D

    Very Memorable Experiences in your Life

    How does the old Buffet song go? "But ah, the stories we could tell, and if it all blows up and goes to hell, I wish that we could sit upon a bed in some hotel, and listen to the stories we could tell." I like to save them for campfires when my kids are around. Or over a tequila when the sun is...
  7. D

    Anyone need some SRC/coho/streamer flies tied?

    That Mag Bay box is looking pretty sweet. I need to start tying a few soon.
  8. D

    Tuna fishermen: 12 Weight TFO-BVK (TFO 12904)

    Hey Pat, That sounds delicious! Will DM you to get a recipe. / Doug
  9. D

    Tuna fishermen: 12 Weight TFO-BVK (TFO 12904)

    I'm surprised this hasn't sold. BVKs are great rods for the money. I've got 3 of them. Someone needs this as a back up albacore tuna rod. I've learned from experience not to go out with just one rod - not hard to break one (or two) rods on a tuna trip.
  10. D

    Taking Strangers Fishing, Yay or Nay?

    I've tried to be on the opposite side once. Had some free time last summer, responded to an open seats post (on the other forum Evan mentioned) to go out for tuna. Guy got in contact with me, gave me the info and expectations, it all sounded good. He was so organized he even had it all written...
  11. D

    NFR Mexican Riviera Cruise Advice

    If you go out and do things, you are always taking a risk that injury or harm will happen. But perception of risk can be a bit skewed. You are likely more statistically at risk of harm or injury riding in a car in the US than you are walking around a tourist town in Mexico right now. But its up...
  12. D

    NFR Mexican Riviera Cruise Advice

    Jealous! Hope you get some fishing in.
  13. D

    Going where these chilly winds don't blow

    That settles it - @Billy and I need to go fishing sometime this year and get a twinsies fish photo!
  14. D

    Going where these chilly winds don't blow

    She went to her room, where she sang a fateful tune. Now I'm going where these chilly winds don't blow....
  15. D

    NFR Superb Owl 2026: Seahawks vs Patriots (official thread)

    I will being fishing during the Super Bowl :).
  16. D

    Anyone wanna go to Christmas island next winter?

    It's the plane tickets that push the cost up. One airline. Edit: I don't want to give the impression the Xmas Island is not a good deal (I have not been there). Just keep in mind you will probably need to add $1500 - $1900 for the flights.
  17. D

    NFR Superb Owl 2026: Seahawks vs Patriots (official thread)

    Seahawk fans, you're welcome. Charles - I'm with you. I hope the Patriots come to their senses and just forfeit out of awe of the mighty Seahawks. Why waste 4 hours of everyone's time just because they think they have a chance? Yeash, have some consideration Pats.
  18. D

    Fitness/Health/Exercise Stuff with Evan

    My New Years resolution is to final do physical therapy for my knee. Once my knee works without filling with fluid, I'd be game to do something with accountability.
  19. D

    Icon lost

    Pretty sure I was at the same show on 6/3/95. I was just at of college and living at my Mom's house. I slightly knew one of Phil Lesh's nieces. She was going to get us back stage to meet the Dead. But we never found her at the concert, and I didn't have a cell phone or pager or anything. When I...
  20. D

    Icon lost

    RIP Bobby. Sad sad day.
Back
Top