Search results

  1. Gary Knowels

    The good boat deal thread

    Free 10' pontoons that just need a little upholstery sewing https://pnwflyfishing.com/forum/threads/skykomish-sunrise-pontoons-only.13517/ Need a second set? Got a spare frame? Want longer tubes? Please take them off my hands!
  2. Gary Knowels

    SFR A decision has been made-big move coming

    Quick update: We met with our realtor today and after careful consideration of our position, needs, and future, we decided to sell our house in Tacoma. Targeting an early August listing and we'll let that process determine our timeline for moving, but our guess is October. I've applied to a...
  3. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    That curve is still steep in Tacoma, we have to go north to find anything of true quality
  4. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Sometimes it's the nature of curries, things stewed together and they often share a lot of spices but the ratios, how the spiced are bloomed, and the degree of cooking on onion/garlic/ginger/tomato differentiate the different dishes. If you want to go on an adventure together, I'll take you to...
  5. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Saffron is good, but I'm partial to Taste of India on Roosevelt
  6. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    I Like goat so I would personally order that. Other things that stand out to me as worth trying are below, but keep in mind that I've eaten a lot of the more popular options of various quality levels already so I wouldn't pick those, but butter chicken (makhani), chicken tikki masala, and saag...
  7. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    What's the name of the place, I'll scope the menu and give some recs. Indian can be a bit like Chinese, where some dishes/restaurants are tasty but very Americanized while others can be more authentic or regional.
  8. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Depends on the version, but for mine last night: kokuho rose rice, beef bulgogi, kimchi, zucchini, carrot, red bell pepper, cucumber, marinated beet greens, fried egg, gochujang based sauce
  9. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    Bibimbap
  10. Gary Knowels

    NFR Got any mammal pictures

    Just out there destroying ecosystems, obviously. I mean look how ravaged it is.
  11. Gary Knowels

    Camel Crickets

    Catch and release on that one
  12. Gary Knowels

    Camel Crickets

    I was unaware for these insects until I saw one backpacking yesterday and took a picture. Interesting looking creature. Found this one at 5400 feet a bit east of Snoqualmie pass.
  13. Gary Knowels

    High Lakes

    I went on a quick overnight trip to the Alpine Lakes Wilderness yesterday. I fished this small lake for about 2 hours before the wind REALLY picked up. I missed 1 take down on the bobber and saw 2 fish jump but otherwise nothing. I did see a 16" fish floating belly up near the bank. It was...
  14. Gary Knowels

    NFR Got any mammal pictures

    Just a couple marmots from the Alpine Lake Wilderness yesterday
  15. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    I call it slow cook and no cook
  16. Gary Knowels

    What Are You Eating?

    What a combo
  17. Gary Knowels

    Got any bird pics?

    A group of 2-4 crows with pick through dog poop in out backyard fairly regularly
  18. Gary Knowels

    Backyard Wildlife

    On my morning walk through the middle of Tacoma with my dog, who is nearly the same size as this young buck.
  19. Gary Knowels

    Best outfit for tactical crabbing?

    Boobie (crab) trap
  20. Gary Knowels

    Bread Thread

    There are 6 different flours in these loaves. Most of my whole grain flours are at the bottom of the bag and I'm trying to empty them all before ordering more. These little blisters are a good indicator that the dough built good strength and is well fermented.
Back
Top