Search results

  1. Peach

    Fish/Depth Finder for Pontoon Boat & Fat Cat

    I bought the unit - but I haven't tried it yet. My next trip is planned for Mid-Sept, I will give a proper review then. However, I was pleasantly surprised by just taking it out of the box and playing with it a bit. Graphics are much better than the old Hummin Birds, on par maybe even...
  2. Peach

    Total impulse buys that turned out to be awesome

    I can't agree more. Due to this tool - I don't tie many knots - everything I do is a nail knot.
  3. Peach

    Beautiful Scenery, But Few Fish - 2022/08/11

    Just seems to me like tadpoles would be a plentiful food source during the "hatch" that they could gorge themselves on if they take the risk of getting that shallow or close to shore - which is large risk for trout.
  4. Peach

    Beautiful Scenery, But Few Fish - 2022/08/11

    Do trout feed on tadpoles? I have never seen a tadpole fly pattern, nor have I ever heard fly fisherman ever discuss them a food source. I have seen similiar types of large pods of tadpoles like the one you took a picture of in some of my high mountain lakes I like to fish. I know they are...
  5. Peach

    Heading to cooler elevation

    Pretty solid fish actually...
  6. Peach

    Fish/Depth Finder for Pontoon Boat & Fat Cat

    Lots of information on this unit on YouTube. SOLD. The Hawkeye Fishtrax 1C looks like a very good alternative to the Humminbirds. Placing my order this evening :). In a couple of months if others are curious on how this will work - I will be happy to provide a review :). Peach
  7. Peach

    Fish/Depth Finder for Pontoon Boat & Fat Cat

    I did a little research on this - this maybe the way to go - it looks portable enough for use on a standard Pontoon Boat or Fat Cat. Richs - how do you use it on your Pontoon Boat or Float tube? Do you mount it or is it small enough that you can keep it in a pocket and just keep the...
  8. Peach

    Dry Falls (this was a positive site)

    Nice to see, but looks like it needs much more water to use the orginal boat launch still...
  9. Peach

    Fish/Depth Finder for Pontoon Boat & Fat Cat

    Sorry for the continued beating of this dead horse but…. Are the telescope fish finders/depth finders like the old Humminbird 120 & 140 no longer exist? The kind that has a bracketed mount? I have done some searches on the interwebs and looks like nobody makes these types of telescope designs...
  10. Peach

    Prescription Sunglasses

    Timely Thread for me - I am exploring options in this area as well. I am 52 years old and wore contacts all of my life, but I had a pair of regular eyeglasses as back up that I used at the end of the day to give my tired eyes a break and my vision was improved using my progressive eyeglasses vs...
  11. Peach

    What is your favorite size trout to catch

    Ha - good catch. Edit made in my orginal post :)
  12. Peach

    What is your favorite size trout to catch

    So many different factors really determine the fighting ability of trout Stillwater vs Moving Water. Most of my experience is Stillwater, but I do have to give the advantage to fish caught in moving water as more aged and intelligent trout use the current and structure to their advantage that...
  13. Peach

    Anyone else feel bad about foul hooking and accidential rough fish handling?

    Not sure why foul hooking a fish is considered worse for the trout (unless it is near the eyes or gills) than tranditional in the mouth or worse - throat/gills when the fish chokes the fly down? Most of the fish I foul hook is somewhere in the body, tail, or fin and it doesn't really penatrate...
  14. Peach

    Not one.....not two....not three.....

    Awesome catch! What is a Holy Shit Ball?
  15. Peach

    Echo Stillwater Opinions?

    Thanks for the responses and explanation - that makes sense. I will need to look at the Echo Stillwater model a bit more...
  16. Peach

    Echo Stillwater Opinions?

    I have a 10'0 5 weight Echo Lago that is supposed to specialize in stillwater fishing as well. Bought two years ago, first time fishing a 10'0 and the extra foot does help. However, I snapped the tip just below the first ferual last Spring, so bought a replacement tip from Echo diretly for $50...
  17. Peach

    March Opener (and Month) from Gravel Lot

    This report is becoming an annual event that I anticipate. Thanks for sharing as always. Peach
  18. Peach

    Arid Cataract Lake, March 2022

    Thanks for the breakout of the recent stocking plan - this is very useful and provides some data around just the antidotal observations. My thinking is that the sweet spot was the 2012 to 2016 plan - that was the time when I thought they had a good combination of quantity and quality where...
  19. Peach

    Arid Cataract Lake, March 2022

    Very good report - nice to see some success at the lake as from what I have heard the last couple of years the reports have been dismal - thus the reason why you didn't have much company at the lake other than your group. I am curious on getting other's opionion on how WDFW is managing the...
  20. Peach

    One of those days

    Argh ... wanted to see him land one, gotta hate the weeds, but not much you can do except increase the tippet size to try to horse them out :). Good video though - nicely done.
Back
Top