Search results

  1. P

    The Spring Break expedition

    I took my grandson Austin, and daughter on what has become an annual Spring Break fishing trip to some private lakes in Oregon. We had to work for the fish in between rain squalls and wind, but my of my, did we catch some nice, big, fat rainbows! Austin caught the biggest (20”+) … on a 3/4wt...
  2. P

    FS Pike/Tiger Musky/Bull Trout fly/flies $20-$25ea

    I was at the Albany Fly show, and saw a fly close to what you're tying. I asked the lady what she wanted for it, and she said $40! .... "you mean $4?" ..no she said $40! Wow...
  3. P

    Fly Rods On Commercial Flights?

    We do trips on Alaska Airlines to the Baja, a couple times a year. There is no problem taking your rods and reels down as a carryon, but we've had to check the rods and reels coming back. Apparently they are considered to be a dangerous items down there. (its a Mexican thing)
  4. P

    A true quality fishery 3/22 - 3/23/2023

    I love that lake...! Hooked one fish I never slowed down... into the backing when it came undone. (I still grieve) I'm a little curious on why they dumped 6,400 fingerling in there last year. I'll ask Mike next time we talk.
  5. P

    Lenice/Nunnally size of fish?

    Had to go back to 2005 for the Tiger in Lenice .. in a float tube. Sure miss catching fish like these there. (I haven't been right since)
  6. P

    Rio fly line

    Sorry to hear you broke a line, Buzzy! I only have a couple RIO lines and checked them over (and stretched) this morning... still good to go. Between fresh and saltwater lines, I have 15 to 20, some long past the shelf life, and only recall a SA, full sink line with cracks. Good time to start...
  7. P

    The East side..

    Thanks.. we waited two weeks after the opening, and some of the lakes were still iced over. But sure worth the wait! The largest measured 24”, and over 5 pounds. Mike (WDFW).. thought it might be one of the triploids Troutlodge put in the lake in 2021.. (no, I didn’t fish Lenice)
  8. P

    The East side..

    I managed to get in a few days on some of my favorite East Side lakes, and the fishing was excellent! We didn't catch a lot, but it doesn't take many 20"+ rainbows to make my day! A proper bend on a 4/5 bamboo rod!
Back
Top