Search results

  1. P

    Personal best

    The lower Columbia was good to me this morning… at least a couple hours anyway, until the wind blew me off the water. I got 10 bass in the net.. with my best at 20 inches! Great fun on a Granger 8040 bamboo 5wt I made nearly 20 years ago.
  2. P

    Chopaka Lake Feedback

    https://nwsportsmanmag.com/chopaka-lake-campground-to-stay-open-as-other-dnr-facilities-see-recreation-cuts/
  3. P

    Tiny Hotrod….

    Good idea Steve! I made one from a tip section (48”) for my grandson shortly after he was born. Even used the cork from the Champagne bottles for the grip! Turns a 12” rainbow into a monster….😊
  4. P

    Show me your bass

    Nice smallmouth… just not many yet.
  5. P

    It’s getting close to the spawn…

    A white and chartreuse baitfish fly… tied by Shawn West!
  6. P

    It’s getting close to the spawn…

    I made a quick run upriver this morning and checked out a couple spots for smallmouth bass. The water was fairly dirty, (2’ vis) .. and a chilly 45*, (I think the Dalles dumped a bunch of water recently) … so, it was slow going. I caught one bass… but she sure was a beauty! Real fat with eggs I...
  7. P

    Seeger watch

    Yeah….. but did you catch any fish, Shawn?
  8. P

    One pounders…

    Rumor has it that Quincy and Burke finally got some one pound rainbows dumped in them. I hate to “hot spot”.. but those lakes are a mess with the perch. 😢
  9. P

    Yellow perch…

    I talked to Mike (WDFW) about all the yellow perch in Quincy.. and he said apparently someone has dumped them into Quincy and Burke lakes. And… they have no plans to rotenone the lakes, because no one is making powdered rotenone anymore. Also.. the survival and growth of Rainbow Trout in Burke...
  10. P

    Stan Coffin/Quincy again…

    Stan Coffin sucks…! We spent 2 hours on it this morning and Rick caught one (1) yellow perch…. Mel and I never got a bite. We looked at Burke but the one guy we talked to said it was a waste of time. So back to Quincy and everyone caught fish! Mostly small rainbows, and a bunch of fat perch...
  11. P

    Dry Falls….

    Yeah.. big fish, and great fun on a bamboo 4-5wt! Pat.. I’ll have to pass on the coffee. I lost my hearing aid/charger and I’m deaf as a door nail! Next time…
  12. P

    Dry Falls….

    Hard, cold work on Dry Falls! But the few we caught were beautiful!
  13. P

    Where are the March 1st pics/reports?

    Yeah… looked you guys were slaying them! We may see you there again…
  14. P

    Where are the March 1st pics/reports?

    A little slow… but we got a few!
  15. P

    Twisting, tying,and dying horsehair

    With the Main Event not many days away, I spent most of the morning playing with horsehair and “snooding” flies. The trick is to tie a knot on the end of 2-3 strands of hair, then carefully twist the horsehairs together. (I’m not a very good twister and destroyed the first several) Then it’s to...
  16. P

    Seeger watch

    Thanks for the update, Buzzy! I’ll track you down for that cup of coffee (on me!) when I get back over there.
  17. P

    Seeger watch

    Are all the lakes frozen over in your neighborhood, Buzzy? Would like to terrorize some fish over there in early March.
  18. P

    First fish…!

    First fish…. and he was a dandy! I just spent a few hours on our local, wild and scenic rock pit, …and finally caught a couple fish. The first was a 12-14 pound steelhead that jumped 8-10 times, had me into the backing twice, and took almost 30 minutes to land! Great fun! The other was a nice...
  19. P

    Pass Lake Toxic Algae report.

    Yikes…!
  20. P

    3D fly box…

    Sorry to keep clogging up the web site… but this was a fun print, and something I never have enough of… fly boxes! It came out nice, and I even used the foam the printer was packed in.. Works good, lasts long time.
Back
Top