Search results

  1. IMG_5041.jpeg

    IMG_5041.jpeg

  2. IMG_5043.jpeg

    IMG_5043.jpeg

  3. IMG_5052.jpeg

    IMG_5052.jpeg

  4. DryFly82

    Dry Falls Fishing Dried Up?

    I fished it for the first time back in April. Caught 17 the first day and 8 the second. Only 1 brown and the biggest fish was a 20" rainbow. I don't have any "good old days" to compare it too, but I enjoyed my time on that lake.
  5. DryFly82

    Furthest Travel to Fish

    Costa Rica. I can't wait to do that again.
  6. DryFly82

    Another Two Fly Question

    I've never noticed issues with snagging due to a 2nd fly. My experience has been that a lot of the BC guys that haven't fished other places are very against two flies, but those that fish outside BC would love to bring the 2-fly option to BC. Alberta is the opposite of BC...you can only fish...
  7. DryFly82

    Another Two Fly Question

    None of the above for me. I tried tying to the hook bend for a few weeks once, but I noticed a big increase in the number of takedowns that didn't result in hookups. Option A (preferred): Leave an ~8" tag off of a surgeon's knot about 3-4' above my point fly...dropper gets tied to that...
  8. DryFly82

    First Backpack Trip of 2026

    The one I was doing well that day with was the “green eggs & ham” variation (bottom fly). I’m not sure it matters, but I always experiment with different colors…they all seem to catch fish…I prefer to use natural flies, but sometimes the attractors are the only thing that works. They also...
  9. DryFly82

    Early Season BC Trip

    I was planning on a backpacking trip this week, but when I saw the favorable weather on Hwy 24 in BC I decided to ditch the holiday weekend crowds here and head further north with my boat and float tube. I left early Wednesday morning and arrived at Lost Horse Lake Rec Site in the Meadow Lake...
  10. DryFly82

    Meadowlake Fish Camp in mid-late September

    That will be just fine. You can get to camp no problem...you can even get to camp in a sedan now if you take it slow. There are some rougher roads to some of the outer lakes, but Rob and Tammy will give you pointers on how to get to the trailheads without risking damage to your vehicle and...
  11. DryFly82

    Meadowlake Fish Camp in mid-late September

    September up there is great. Best thing about September is no mosquitos! Be prepared for unpredictable weather...dress for success and you'll be fine. I went up 14-18 September 2019 and 11-19 September 2021 (extra-long trip to "make-up" for COVID cancellations). 2019 was mostly rainy, but...
  12. DryFly82

    SFR Sears, Roebuck and Co

    I have an 11ft Sears jon boat that I use on the lakes that I can drive into. It's beat up, but the fish don't care. It's hard to justify replacing because it's so light I can easily throw it around by myself and it can easily fit 2 adults or me plus my 2 boys. Best $150 I ever spent.
  13. DryFly82

    First Backpack Trip of 2026

    I didn’t even have any Black Pennells in my box until a day or two before. I figured that you were so committed to them for mountain lakes that I should at least tie a few up and give them a try. Needless to say they will be a staple in my box going forward.
  14. DryFly82

    Experiment in removing stunted brookies from Skagit County's Little Gee Lake

    The last update I got from Hi-Lakers on the subject was about a year ago...pretty much the same story as the article and it included the point of contact to assist: We need volunteers to help with a very important project at Little Gee Lake north of Darrington in the Finney Creek drainage. This...
  15. DryFly82

    A Hidden Gem

    You never know unless you go. I'd give it a shot before the summer weather hits.
  16. DryFly82

    First Backpack Trip of 2026

    I wanted to get a quick 1-nighter backpack trip under my belt for 2026 to make sure I was ready for high lakes season so I hit the road early on Saturday. The new Gregory Baltaro 75L pack was a CyberMonday purchase and a huge improvement from my old 40L pack for fitting everything I need for an...
  17. DryFly82

    High Lakes

    I actually don't bring footwear when I pack in my float tube if I'm doing an overnight. Boots are too much extra weight and space. I just pick my put-in/take-out spot very carefully and watch my step when I'm getting my fins on.
  18. DryFly82

    High Lakes

    I also have a Wilderness Lite. I also have an old Creek Company U2000 that is light enough to pack. When I'm backpacking my ultimate quest is to maximize fishing success, so I'm willing to take on the extra weight of waders (packed) in exchange for fishing from a watercraft more geared for...
  19. DryFly82

    Hiking the Elwha River Trail

    It's a bummer they haven't been able to reopen it. I managed a project up there in Glines Canyon in 2015 and the connection to the fish and the natural beauty of the area I assumed I'd be back to camp up there every few years. I went back for a project follow up with NPS in 2016, but that was...
  20. DryFly82

    SFR Losing Interest

    I'm in the same boat. Nothing beats the anticipation of a good day of fishing. Especially when it comes to my annual BC trip. Up between 4 or 5am and hike a mile to the lake...mile back for breakfast...another mile back to the lake and fish all day...mile back for dinner...mile back to the...
Back
Top