Search results

  1. DryFly82

    Sudden Ending....

    Beautiful photos. It's hard bailing early after going all that way, but good on you for making the right decision. Hopefully your boys enjoyed it. Backpacking is always a summer highlight for my boys...also a great reminder to them that they can do hard things and should seek out new challenges.
  2. DryFly82

    Rock Island Fishing Camp (BC stillwater trip)

    Great report! Looks like an epic trip. Beautiful lakes and amazing fishing! I need to try out Rock Island one of these years.
  3. DryFly82

    Olympics Backpacking

    Hopefully the smoke clears out of the cascades soon. Planning a few trips between the 15th and 23rd. Always good to have the Olympics as a fall back.
  4. DryFly82

    What would you do?

    I saw a situation similar to this when I was a teen in Alaska. My dad and I were fishing for rainbows on Willow Creek. On our way back we passed a dad and his kids snagging spawning King Salmon upstream of the legal salmon fishing area. We didn't say anything...the dad must have known it was...
  5. DryFly82

    Who said fly fishing is expensive.....

    Same. I prefer the experiences where I’m the one doing the work rather than a curated trip where I’m just reeling in someone else’s work. Much more rewarding to do my own work. I do enjoy good food at a lodge a few trips a year, but mostly because it gives me extra time to fish when I don’t...
  6. DryFly82

    Quick wilderness trip

    I have some Mountain House chicken fried rice that's been in my cupboard at least 5 years...expires in 2053.
  7. DryFly82

    Quick wilderness trip

    But how did it taste? Beautiful fish and scenery!
  8. DryFly82

    Reflections from the end of my first long term relationship

    @speedbird, Hang in there man! Learn from this one and come out with a better understanding of what you need to work on and what you're really looking for in a partner. Set goals and invest in yourself. Identify what makes you happy and what you need to be content, what you're thankful for, and...
  9. DryFly82

    What are the 5 most important and most used materials in your flies?

    I use semi-seal for all dubbing applications other than dry flies. I also use it for anything that I would have used chenille on in the past (woolly buggers, careys, etc.). Works well wrapped tight or use the dubbing loop when I want volume.
  10. DryFly82

    What are the 5 most important and most used materials in your flies?

    I fish lakes most often, so with that in mind and assuming thread and hooks are a given I could tie caddis (adult/nymph), mayfly nymph, leech, chironomid, bloodworm, and dragonfly nymph with these 5 materials: 1. Peacock Herl 2. Pheasant Tail 3. Semi-Seal Dubbing 4. Deer Hair 5. Beadheads
  11. DryFly82

    How Many Knots Are In Your Arsenal?

    Non-slip loop Improved clinch Palomar Double/Triple Surgeon Blood Perfection Nail Albright Arbor
  12. DryFly82

    Prospecting for Goldens

    I would never have even have thought to attempt that traverse. That's quite a trip. Some great looking lakes up there! Glad you were able to find gold!
  13. DryFly82

    AK 2026

    Awesome trip! Love all the photos!
  14. DryFly82

    Summer so Far

    Looks like an awesome summer so far. Beautiful fish!!!
  15. DryFly82

    Long Day on a High Lake

    I decided to make a trip out to the lake that started my interest in high lake fishing. I went on an overnight with a group of friends in 2021 and was surprised at the quality of fish, so I'd been thinking about returning ever since. I headed straight out from work Friday and made it to the...
  16. IMG_5331.jpeg

    IMG_5331.jpeg

  17. IMG_5332.jpeg

    IMG_5332.jpeg

  18. IMG_5333.jpeg

    IMG_5333.jpeg

  19. 1784501388890.png

    1784501388890.png

  20. IMG_5334.jpeg

    IMG_5334.jpeg

Back
Top