Search results

  1. DryFly82

    Tennis Elbow?

    Also in my mid-40s and this was the 2nd time in the last 5 years that I've had tennis elbow really bad. Too much pickleball last summer caught up to me. I'm finally almost over it and for the 2nd time it was mostly just resting it that helped recovery. Sounds like I need to pick up a Flexbar...
  2. DryFly82

    WDFW Triploids

    This is an important distinction. The Jumbos they put in the lakes have been pellet fed their entire lives and are nearing the end. The majority are in poor condition and don't do much more than pull hard and hug the bottom of the lake. BC stocks yearling and fingerling triploids that have...
  3. DryFly82

    NFR Alcohol going out of style

    I can vouch for this as someone with a 14 y/o boy. We are considering delaying his license for a year or so and definitely until he is ready to help contribute to the bill. The huge additional insurance cost is a factor and the 20+ minute drive from our house to Stadium HS is notorious for...
  4. DryFly82

    NFR Alcohol going out of style

    I'm surprised how many of you have gone completely dry. Very encouraging. I could definitely use a dry spell, but not before the Super Bowl and February Thailand trip. I'm thinking a dry March and April would be a great break to reset...maybe it'll end up being longer...I've done a few 6...
  5. DryFly82

    Puget Sound

    @Stonedfish @jasmillo @IHFISH, I appreciate all of the tips. Definitely gives me some things to try out the next time I encounter the sippers. Getting a bunch of new euphausiid and amphipod flies tied up to try out next weekend if find similar conditions. One more piece to the puzzle to try...
  6. DryFly82

    Puget Sound

    After a few successful outings I got blanked on a local beach on Sunday. There were fish there and feeding is slower/shallow water...some sipping and some jumping, but none responding to several flies I threw and stripped on intermediate line. Based on what I read it sounds likely they were on...
  7. DryFly82

    Puget Sound

    Every day on the water is a good day, but some are better than others. Breakthrough days when you find your confidence in a fishery and raise the bar for all future trips are the best. Yesterday my dad and I went out on the South Sound for SRC in his "new" boat (he's had it a year, by this was...
  8. DryFly82

    Puget Sound

    Thanks @Stonedfish!!! That's exactly the info I was looking for. Yesterday was to shake the rust off. Looking forward to a whole day in the boat on in South Sound this Friday for SRC and Rez Coho.
  9. DryFly82

    Puget Sound

    I'm usually more of a lake guy, but I had a few hours and fished a nearby beach yesterday. Caught one 15" SRC and 6 juvenile coho in the rain. A few questions for those of you that spend a lot of time on the beach than I do: 1. What is your go to leader set up? I see a lot of recommendations...
  10. DryFly82

    Need some clarification on the banana jinx

    I brought a banana with me once last year not even thinking about it and I had one of the best days of the year, so ever since I always try to make sure I pack a banana with my lunch. I caught more trout in 2025 than ever before, so I'm sticking with it. If I am going on a charter I'll make an...
  11. DryFly82

    Pass Lake Toxic Algae report.

    I've had a fish taken off the line by eagles, but I agree that the loons are far worse offenders in the lake. Not only do they try to take fish off the line, but they stay with a boat swimming back and forth and underneath. It can make cast/retrieve and indicator fishing very difficult. Long...
  12. DryFly82

    NFR College Football 2025

    You have to wonder who he was getting advice from. Maybe family, but also sounds like there were some other influences (maybe with ties to other schools). It sounds like his contract with UW was tight enough that he would have owed UW $4M this year (which I'm sure would have had to be covered...
  13. DryFly82

    Last trips of 2025?

    It's not pretty, but it still floats. 11' Jon Boat. Also light enough that I can easily lift from the pickup bed to the lake on my own. Best $150 I ever spent.
  14. DryFly82

    Last trips of 2025?

    I got off work early NYE and was on the lake by 1:30pm. It looked like there would be a break in the fog, but then it rolled in thicker. Fishing was decent. Broke off a fish on my first cast. 5 to the net in the next few hours of fishing bloodworms. It was about as cold a fishing day as I...
  15. DryFly82

    NFR College Football 2025

    The article does a good job of highlighting some of the problems. The system is so broken I don't know how it gets fixed in the near term. I'm old enough to remember when the NCAA and PAC10 had enough teeth to kill a UW dynasty in the 90's over peanuts. Enforcement was inconsistent then, but...
  16. DryFly82

    2026 goals- Fishy edition

    2026 Fishy Goals: 1. More days fishing the Sound...dad got a new boat, so we need to get out for SRCs and Rez Coho 2. Fish at least 5 new hike-in alpine lakes 3. Catch a Golden Trout 4. More days fishing in Canada...in addition to July trip, fish June or September (or both) 5. Jon boat...
  17. DryFly82

    NFR What Are You Reading

    I'll have to check both of those out. His book "Matterhorn" was a great read, but brutal...I definitely sought out a few lighter reads after that one.
  18. DryFly82

    What's your most surprising turn?

    My biggest turn in 2025 was learning to love indicator fishing. I used to have no patience for it, but after getting completely out-fished by a regular using an indicator at a local lake in late 2024, I committed to being all-in on the indicator method in 2025. Confidence is everything. A...
  19. DryFly82

    2025 Fishify Wrapped

    I used to use excel, but the last 5 years just a basic word doc that I fill out within a few days of each trip. Date, Waterbody, Weather, Group (if I fished with others), Fish count & species, and Summary. I try to add any notes for that might help for my next trip. Also capture notes that...
  20. DryFly82

    Favorite Fly To Tie?

    Flies that imitate caddis pupa because nothing is more exciting than the caddis hatch for me. Halfback, Six-Pack, Nyerges Nymph, Chan's Stillwater Pupa. When I am tying them I can visualize the line going tight on a monster Kamloops rainbow followed by acrobatics. I love fishing the adult...
Back
Top