Search results

  1. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    Price too good to be true? This would be a sweet little rig for someone. https://www.craigslist.org/view/d/federal-way-key-west-yamaha-90hp-stroke/52VmEmd9R1r3CqanzPEjzD
  2. adamcu280

    FS NFC Switch Beach Rod and Hardy Reservoir Superlight

    I'll take both... to Baja! DM incoming
  3. adamcu280

    SFR Testing the waters - 2000 F250 Lariat 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke - low miles

    The boat that I will likely regret buying shortly after making the purchase which is likely sometime in the next year or so.
  4. adamcu280

    SFR Testing the waters - 2000 F250 Lariat 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke - low miles

    Part of me wants this. Our 1500 GMC can either tow a boat or haul the Scout. 250 diesel could do both.
  5. adamcu280

    The good boat deal thread

    ^^ funny looking Honda on the back of that thing.
  6. adamcu280

    Official Beach Line Thread

    Aqualux taper shape and grains look similar to the CQS but at 30’ instead of 35’
  7. adamcu280

    NFR Swordfish

    When was the last time a swordfish "attacked" a surfer? https://www.instagram.com/reels/Dd34CpJPlMw/
  8. adamcu280

    Best Low Budget Fly Rods And Reels???

    Lamson liquid 3-packs gotta be the best bang for the buck for a proven quality reel. I saw some echo carbon and ion rods on sale online the other day too. Can’t remember where but I bet Google does.
  9. adamcu280

    Clouser stinger hook question

    Ha I've used both of those hooks for purely aesthetic reasons! Not sure it makes a difference to the fish. :)
  10. adamcu280

    Puget Sound

    If the fish liked it then who cares what we think? I’d crimp the barb and go a bit sparser. ;)
  11. adamcu280

    Deals at online Retailers

    Interesting! Anyone ever tried that line, wondering how it’d do for chucking marlin flies. 43’ head is much longer than an OBS or leviathan.
  12. adamcu280

    Deals at online Retailers

    I have been looking for 12wt intermediate lines but no luck. I have a couple 12 floaters and some fast sinkers but nothing in between. Fishpond packs look great but I picked up a Dryft pack so I gotta hold off.
  13. adamcu280

    Clouser stinger hook question

    Instead of mono I've used braid, intruder wire, or even Dacron backing. You'll find a material that has the stiffness you like. I've also tied them on shanks instead of sacrificing a hook in the front. Hook-wise, something with a turned eye seems to work well when looped onto the stinger loop...
  14. adamcu280

    Kudos to Echo

    Also huge Echo fan. Boost Blue was my favorite for SRC and coho until I found the 84B lineup. Luckily I have a spare busted tip from my BB 6wt so I guess it's about an 8'4" now ;)
  15. adamcu280

    Tuna 2026

    Random trivial tidbit: I was standing next to Jim Cotton when he took that photo. Oct 21, 2010 big mixed up group of Risso's, melon headed whales, rough toothed dolphins, and Fraser's dolphins.
  16. adamcu280

    Tuna 2026

    Epic! A for effort. Glad you saw some! Where were you when they showed up?
  17. adamcu280

    Massachusetts striped bass, August 2026

    Yesssss
  18. adamcu280

    Coho run coming up short?

    There are plenty of examples of what we used to do that would never fly today. One of many papers that discusses population trends and conservation challenges. Google scholar for plenty more...
  19. adamcu280

    Coho run coming up short?

    What does the article mention as a condition present that makes the Columbia such an easy hunting ground? It's in the first line of the 2nd paragraph.
  20. adamcu280

    Tuna 2026

    and btw, let's see those killer whale pics ;)
Back
Top