Search results

  1. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Another fun day with a buddy and his brother today out on the Sound. Nice running into @jasmillo and @Kfish at the boat ramp in the morning. I recognized that seafoam green whaler even in the pitch dark :D. We covered a ton of water today. I committed to the fly all day, and my buddy fly fished...
  2. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Did some mooching today and had a great day with a buddy. First herring in the water for both of us produced hookups within 20ft on the drop. I actually landed a few nice 8-10lb hatchery Chinook today before I got on the board with the Coho. Highlight though was fishing my 6wt with a type 9 in...
  3. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Too good apparently. Time to start shutting it down!
  4. ffb

    Rain

    We were in downtown Seattle last night. Walking around in the warm evening with the pouring rain and lightning in the city was pretty cool. Currently dumping buckets in Kitsap..... I need to clean my gutters 😅
  5. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Glad it wasn't just me. Went 0-0 on my first trip out on Saturday. Saw a couple nice fish jump at a couple spots, just nothing on the end of my line.
  6. ffb

    What's in your vise?

    If you haven't already try some with a black body for an ant pattern. I've had some really good days in the summer on a sz 14 or 16 black dubbed body with cdc wing. Basically just a black version of your first fly there. Those will be killer!
  7. ffb

    Official Beach Line Thread

    Mine may very well have been worn out. I don't fish as much as some on here but got 4.5 years out of mine, that's not too bad. My Compact Type 9 is only a year old and still looks new but not a ton of use. I am replacing it with the same line. Eventually I'll have to pivot with it being...
  8. ffb

    Official Beach Line Thread

    I've been emailing back and forth with Cortland. Sounds like they are discontinuing the Compact Float and Type 3, leaving the Intermediate, Type 6, and Type 9 as the only Compact options 😢
  9. ffb

    Official Beach Line Thread

    I just had the same thing happen to mine in the head, but it is 4.5 years old now and not a single crack anywhere else on it. Mine had some discoloration around where it split and separated like I may have accidentally pinched it in something at some point but it seems odd to have a perfectly...
  10. ffb

    What's in your vise?

    Re stocking the clouser box.
  11. ffb

    What have you done for your boat lately?

    Inspired by @jasmillo I decided to build some rod holders for the Whaler. 1/2" starboard with some rail mount brackets and a couple 4 rod horizontal mounts and I think this will work just fine.
  12. ffb

    Nice Place for a Skunking

    I'm way out of shape for this kind of hike at the moment but kinda funny I was just looking at this spot after perusing some stocking reports last week. Looks amazing up there!
  13. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Yeah I thought about this but had the same thought about my clumsy ass knocking a rod off the boat. 😂
  14. ffb

    Even Year Pinks?

    There was at least 1! I thought I recall seeing one or two here and there from the creel reports last even year as well.
  15. ffb

    Puget Sound

    I think the only disadvantage for me is the old montauks have the rail mounted in off the gunnel. So I may lose more "internal" space than I'd like. Although the alternative of having rods and reels laying on the deck like I do now is probably a lot worse. I think I'll still give it a shot, the...
  16. ffb

    Puget Sound

    I like this I think I'm going to steal it. Do you have the holders mounted to a section of starboard or something else that attaches to the rail clamps?
  17. ffb

    Saltwater small boat choices.

    The general consensus on most of the big Boston Whaler groups that I've found is that all classic Whalers have water in them, just some more than others 😅. Some are very obvious from the water line in pictures I've seen, but anything that's been repowered with a modern 4 stroke will already sit...
  18. ffb

    We got these Sharks comin' in!

    Some safety tips from The Olympian on swim suit color choice to avoid being attacked by a Puget Sound shark! https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article290671514.html
Back
Top