Search results

  1. ffb

    Official Beach Line Thread

    I'm back to the OBS and accepting its fate over time. After a run of really good luck with the Cortland Compact I've had durability issues with my last couple Cortland Compact lines not to mention them discontinuing the type 3 which was the best one in the lineup imo. If in the end they all...
  2. ffb

    Is this where it’s headed

    105 decibels seems a little excessive for blasting Pink Pony Club while floating down the St Joe. Pacific Raceways, The Ridge Motorsports Park, and Portland International Raceway all have noise restrictions of 103db for most club racing/track day events.
  3. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Pink fishing died off but we got to watch the T137s this afternoon for a while which is always a treat. Yes, the guy in the last pic is an asshole. Ran up on them at full throttle right before this, and then cut them off right after this photo.
  4. ffb

    Show Us Your Humpies !!!

    A little few and far between but we got into a handful today. It seemed to be about 50/50 if a pod had biters in it. We found one aggressive school that we followed around for a while hooking up pretty consistently until we lost the school.
  5. ffb

    What Are You Eating?

    Sesame crusted tuna bowl thing.
  6. ffb

    Show Us Your Humpies !!!

    I apparently didn't go far enough up river. Down low they were total lockjaw 🥲
  7. ffb

    The good boat deal thread

    Killer deal
  8. ffb

    How many rods have you broken?

    3 in almost 30 years all in the last couple years. One Redington Link that lost a battle with a coho and the lower unit on my outboard. The Vice that replaced the link snapped at a ferrule mid cast, and I stepped on my buddies fly rod in the boat and shattered the tip.
  9. ffb

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    I know they charge by the pound. I have only a single data point but I got there at 5:30pm which is pretty close to when they normally close and they had about 200lbs ahead of me on a Sunday and couldn't do it same day.
  10. ffb

    Show Us Your Humpies !!!

    Waving from the ferry 👋
  11. ffb

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    Next time I'm doing Merino's for sure. They couldn't fit me in same day last weekend, so I decided to bloodline and vacuum seal at home. In hindsight I should have just drove down and picked them up the next weekend since they offered to freeze and hold them for me for a week. I'm just not well...
  12. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Fun day on the water with @Burt Dagger . Started off with some decent pink action until we hit a lull in the schools moving through. Not long after some bigger schools started pouring through but the current was ripping and the fish were moving at Mach 10. I was also marking the schools at...
  13. ffb

    Puget Sound

    1162 retained pinks in MA9 today. They're out there.
  14. ffb

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    6ft 25lb fluoro
  15. ffb

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    I can't just divulge that secret on a public forum.
  16. ffb

    2025 Tuna and Exotics

    Beginners luck for sure. I did my tuna fly tying like I do my Puget Sound tying. "This looks neat lets put it on a hook and see if a fish will eat it". Only fished the one fly all day. I had a few other flies I'd tied but this was catching fish so if it ain't broke don't fix it I guess. Purple...
  17. ffb

    Puget Sound

    That seems to be the consensus from the FB group posts I've seen too. Boats finding fish consistently and bank fisherman not having a whole lot of luck.
  18. ffb

    Gear Review Outbound Short vs Coastal Quickshooter

    I used to really like this line. They discontinued the Type 3 and the Floater. Looks like the intermediate might be next on the chopping block, Cortland website only has 350gr left.
  19. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Yup. Couple highlights for me yesterday: Tired of boat traffic, I decide to run 1/2 mile or so up the beach where there is no boats around. 3/4 of the way there I look behind me and have 2 boats hot on my tail. Pod of pinks porpoising towards me while on spot lock. Big boat with enclosed cabin...
  20. ffb

    Puget Sound

    Ran further north today for some fresher humpers. Bright and sunny but the fish didn't care. Not peak yet but solid action all morning. Finding lots of nice sized pinks this season. Fun to watch half a dozen fish break off from the school and chase the fly down. Even had some trying to eat the...
Back
Top