Search results

  1. Salmo_g

    Getting bled dry

    UP THE REVOLUTION!
  2. Salmo_g

    Official 2026 MLB Discussion Thread

    The Mariners can't celebrate the game of baseball, so they're celebrating Jimothy. Good grief, what is this franchise coming to?
  3. Salmo_g

    2026 Gardening Growing Thread

    My raised bed garden is in full swing now. Everything has done fairly well this year - except the onions. This is my third consecutive season where onions have been a bust. Got some strawberries last month, been picking blue berries for a couple weeks. Had spinach for a while, but the second...
  4. Salmo_g

    What Are You Eating?

    My oldest daughter is up visiting from Oakland and came over for dinner last night. We began with a Benziger pinot noir rose with a green salad from my garden, fresh lettuce, sugar snap peas, sungold tomatoes, and mushrooms and cucumber that weren't from the garden. Dinner was a Baker sockeye...
  5. Salmo_g

    Nobody Likes a Bully…

    Uh oh, bait fishing, using cutthroat! Nice introduction to bull trout.
  6. Salmo_g

    Getting bled dry

    I have a good response for this thread, but I think it crosses the political threshold. Dammit!
  7. Salmo_g

    Reflections from the end of my first long term relationship

    Important lessons to learn while young: 1. Life isn't fair. 2. Don't "go steady" until you've dated more than a couple dozen women, preferably more. It may be unfortunate that at age 24 you haven't been through 3 or 4 or 5 break ups already. Dating and break ups are building blocks. I wish...
  8. Salmo_g

    A long trip equals a lot of pics - return trip added

    Looks like a really cool trip. Too bad the reunion was a bust.
  9. Salmo_g

    What are the 5 most important and most used materials in your flies?

    It has varied over the years, but in recent times the materials I use the most of are: died yak hair, died grizzly hackle, flashabou, died guinea hackle, jungle cock eyes. Since the fly is used for fishing winter steelhead, I go through a lot of them. Many other flies can last for years in the...
  10. Salmo_g

    How Many Knots Are In Your Arsenal?

    Fishing knots based on frequency of use: Turle (Holbrook version), blood or barrel knot, Improved clinch knot, Perfection Loop, double overhand, double surgeon, and of course, wind knots.
  11. Salmo_g

    What Country Have You Visited and Want to go Back to?

    Italy. My wife and I went on a bicycle tour from Florence to Rome in 2006. Beautiful country, wonderful people, and out of this world food and wine. There is no such thing as bad food in Italy, unless perhaps it was at the one Burger King we saw somewhere. Hah! I'd go again in a heartbeat...
  12. Salmo_g

    Coffee talk

    Not even. Chuck & Mike were, shall we say, opinionated. (The brothers fought like cats and dogs.) In the mobile van days they didn't do that soy stuff. In the coffee shop Chuck has to accommodate the occasional Olympian from Batdorff & Bronson's Dancing Goats who drops by to have coffee with...
  13. Salmo_g

    Coffee talk

    No, it was the white van driven by Chuck's brother Mike, known as "Mocha Mike" at our office. I met Chuck later when Mike told me that they had a brick and mortar store, now a Vietnamese grocery or something. Chuck bought the old Dairy Queen on Pacific and converted it into the coffee shop and...
  14. Salmo_g

    Waders - The awesome, the bad, the leaky

    I buy waders expecting them to fail. That is what waders do. It's what waders have always done. About 16 or so years ago I began paying attention to wader sales and closeouts. Half price waders may just be one of the best things to ever hit fly fishing. I would buy waders on discount and...
  15. Salmo_g

    OFFICIAL 2026 NFL SEASON DISCUSSION

    Hey, where are Brute's Raiders on that list?
  16. Salmo_g

    Coffee talk

    Yes, it is Olympic Crest. I've been a customer of Chuck's since he had the van with the mobile espresso set up that came by our office.
  17. Salmo_g

    Got any bird pics?

    They are entertaining. The little guys startle the beejeezus out of me, divebombing and buzzing me, coming out of nowhere, when I'm the one who keeps their bottle filled with sugar water. No appreciation, I tell ya!
  18. Salmo_g

    Coffee talk

    I've been patronizing a local - Olympic Coffee Roasters - for over 30 years now. His coffee beans are now up to $14/pound. I doubt I could do as well roasting my own. As for saving money, it would probably be something like all the money I save by tying my own flies - Hah!
  19. Salmo_g

    NFR World Cup

    I didn't see that part either. I guess there were two poor sports after the match: the Argentina team and a fat slob dressed in a suit who thought he belonged in the victory photos. Some people just have no class.
  20. Salmo_g

    How do I store all these damn fly rod tubes?

    I might have to get a couple of those. My 5-gallon bucket runeth over.
Back
Top