Search results

  1. Matt B

    SFR Fish Electrocuted in Lake Washington

    Yeah the Seattle Times article said it was discovered by hobbyist divers and had this sort of insane photo, is that a live adult Chinook possibly being attracted to the field and about to be zapped?
  2. Matt B

    Coho 2026

    Yeah basically...Just with mono/braid running line and an extremely compact weight forward head.
  3. Matt B

    Coffee talk

    I think whiskey in coffee is f*cking gross but more important is, What does the Atlantic, finest nutrition journal and all, think about health effects of alkyhol consumption? They point out that alcohol-health effect conclusions are frequently based on observational rather than randomized...
  4. Matt B

    Coffee talk

    Man, Boot, what are you doing to me? Or more correctly my BMI? I’d never had an affogato before in my life and now I’ve had 2 in 2 days. I should be saving those calories for alcohol! 🤣 You are right about the QFC PS ice cream, too. At least the “double vanilla” flavor with (or without)...
  5. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    I defrosted a filet from last week and had a grilled salmon sandwich with a loaded li’l russet last night… …and this morning for second breakfast I had a gooey egg over some sautéed onion and the little bits I gleaned from the fish I had just caught and cut. Homemade kim chi to accompany...
  6. Matt B

    Puget Sound

    It looked a bit windy and rough when I went to launch at first light. I watched and considered not launching, but I went out. It wasn’t too bad on the water, the overcast was promising, and the rain stayed just north of me while the wind laid down. It was nice to filet on solid ground at home...
  7. Matt B

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    Like others have said, buggers, spiders and reverse spiders. I’ve also caught ‘em on top with stimmies, October caddis and crane flies. I wish I could legally fish the local rivers for cutts, but heaven forbid my size 10 spider should drift within 10 yards of a Chinook; the poor fish might be...
  8. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    If you stir it up well with the hot wet drained pasta, the starchy water + butter will emulsify and form a bit of its own sauce to combine with and thicken the beefy goodness.
  9. Matt B

    Puget Sound

    Do you burn a lot of fuel looking for coho on the surface? I saw a light blue (or was it seafoam?) hulled boat blasting north past me and my little local point yesterday morning, wondered if it was the legendary J & K on the hunt for coho.
  10. Matt B

    Clouds

    ‘Twas a little different out there upon this morn.
  11. Matt B

    Clouds

    That’s cool. Did you position the sun behind it or is that refraction within the cloud? Makes me think of this (which was scary AF to young Matt B when Raiders came out).
  12. Matt B

    Solo trip to the dry side...

    Reminds me of two things…the suckers in that river coming up to the surface, steadily and repeatedly, for some reason only Jah knows. And, swinging for steel there and getting super excited by a sucker hooked in the rear-mouth…took drag and everything.
  13. Matt B

    Small creeks

    You saw it in person but I agree with your buddies based on the photo.
  14. Matt B

    What are you listening to?

    But has more pedal steel! Probably an upgrade.
  15. Matt B

    What are you listening to?

    I read something a while back about his sort of identity crisis, and Dan Auerbach from Black Keys sort of helping him out…I might not have that quite right…but I feel like I hear some Black Keys influence in there too. That one I linked is some straight up Skynyrd boogie. The covers on this...
  16. Matt B

    What are you listening to?

    Going to see him and the boys in a couple weeks. I’m digging the new record with its country funk and roots rock and overt messaging.
  17. Matt B

    Got any bird pics?

    Birders, I have a confession. I’m completely over hearing the nuthatches all damn day. Meh meh meh meh meh…can they not say something else? At home…red breasted nuthatches. In the woods…red breasted nuthatches. Hell, I even heard a Stellers Jay mocking the poor bastards. And it did sound like...
  18. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    Coupla hangers and some bubbles. Happy Anniversary! (Couldn’t find a sitter)
Back
Top