Search results

  1. Matt B

    Puget Sound

  2. Matt B

    SFR 101 Bridge over Hoh River will close for repairs

    Construction projects never hit delays, do they?
  3. Matt B

    SFR 101 Bridge over Hoh River will close for repairs

    There was a member from CA who was planning a loop around the OP…hope he got it done by now. Edit, @Russell did you have a good trip or not yet?
  4. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    Always a solid move.
  5. Matt B

    NFR What Are You Drinking?

    Yeah that’s why we decided to skip the fair this year. Even with free admission, taking a family to the Puyallup fair is awfully hard on the ol’ wallet, from parking to rides to food.
  6. Matt B

    Playing Live Music 2026

    It’s not all solid gold like the early years but every now and then a gem pops up to the surface.
  7. Matt B

    Playing Live Music 2026

    There’s a song Always recommend the Blues Bands. These guys crouchin low on stage arms SPREAD WIDE. Singing the blues arms spread wide crouchin low!!!! Big groups of guys on stage. Way hah woah. Arms spread wide!!!!! Always recommend the Blues Bands.
  8. Matt B

    What do you cut wire with?

    Srsly tho I have an old set of these cuticle nippers that I keep in the tying tools for clipping stubborn wire.
  9. Matt B

    Puget Sound

    Where were the coho this morning? Not by me. Dead, dead, dead out there. I would’ve settled for a silver, but nothin’.
  10. Matt B

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    How’s she do with ducks? Or have you not had that test yet?
  11. Matt B

    Stilly Logistics

    That sounds fun. Might be a little bit of a slog in a raft. I like a canoe. I can't help with a shuttle per se, but I have a story that might be sort of instructive. TWICE it has happened to me that I have done this float with a friend with a 2nd rig for a shuttle, and TWICE they have left...
  12. Matt B

    NFR Got any mammal pictures

    This section is interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracinonyx#Disputed_theory_of_coevolution_with_pronghorns "In 2026, Fabian C. Hardy and Anne E. Kort reported that the modern pronghorns and their early relatives of the Miocene epoch had no significant difference in ankle bone...
  13. Matt B

    Cell Phone Pics

    Nice one, I’ve seen those too…Yeah probably the same group— longhorn beetles, a massive number of species apparently
  14. Matt B

    Cell Phone Pics

    Saw this while walking the dog. I think it’s a Banded Alder Borer. The body and head were about 2.5-3” long so easily 5-6” including the antennae.
  15. Matt B

    Cell Phone Pics

    My first thought was “spotted jewelweed” the nonnative invasive. https://www.nwcb.wa.gov/weeds/spotted-jewelweed
  16. Matt B

    So where's the guardrails?

    They call this the alignment problem. Makes it sound less bad, I s'pose.
  17. Matt B

    So where's the guardrails?

    Reminds me of an article I recently read. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2026/07/27/one-mans-quest-to-fix-every-deadly-guardrail
  18. Matt B

    So where's the guardrails?

    Not a trap. I wanted to hear more about eastern and western values. I learned that eastern values = Chinese government actions for Rob, and I guess US government actions = western values.
  19. Matt B

    NFR Got any mammal pictures

    Wow you can really see how that animal is built. Explains why every time I’ve seen some they’re pretty much just white butts moving away at an insanely rapid pace. That’s a lot of running and leaping muscles.
Back
Top