Search results

  1. Matt B

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    Hey Vevor chamber vac owners and operators— @Evan B @Josh Do you find certain bags work better? I was gifted a used Vevor and couldn’t get it to seal well. I put off the repair or whatever project for a while, and just now checked the thing and it sealed perfectly twice in a row using what...
  2. Matt B

    Small creek fishing

    The 5 weight will still work for the Cascade mountain streams, though! The main thing is get out there before the water comes up and the fish really shut down for the winter. I don't know where they go but the same areas that hold fish in summer become seemingly devoid of trout 'round about...
  3. Matt B

    Maiden Voyage

    If you want to make a really good bailer out of that you can cut the bottom off. Things like that, OJ bottles, bleach bottles, with the bottoms cut off and caps on were always the bailers in the little sailboats of the fleet when I was learning. Good idea to tie it to something with a line...
  4. Matt B

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    Same with my friend’s dog! RIP Sadie the coonhound
  5. Matt B

    Awesome Dogs of PNW

    That’s the look of a dog that’s seen too many CnRd trout.
  6. Matt B

    Stilli opener delayed

    If the fish are holed up in the lower river, then it’s easy to avoid them up in the Forks. FFS.
  7. Matt B

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    Sounds like more work than canning!
  8. Matt B

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    It’s a slight difference in texture. Freezing and thawing inevitably results in some water loss. All the cell walls burst, right? Yeah, use no water when packing.
  9. Matt B

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    I have indeed! One consideration is that the Sound is a 5-minute drive vs. a 2.5-hr drive to the Mighty C. I need an 8th day of the week…Fishday. Now there’s an idea. Forget monkeying with Daylight Saving Time, call your senators about Fishday now!
  10. Matt B

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    As a Puget Sound Beach Hack (definitely NOT a master), I don't have enough salmon to feel like I want to can any this year; I'd rather keep stacking fillets in the freezer for now. But next year is an odd year and I may end up with a surplus of "utility salmon," so maybe I will can some up then...
  11. Matt B

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    Adding on, if I had the skills/time/wherewithal to put together sushi feasts the way you do, it could be a different story and we might eat more unfrozen tuna. We all love sushi, and I have made it before, and it turned out fine--tastes great, but I need practice on some of the assembly and...
  12. Matt B

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    I home canned tuna for the first time last year, and I was surprised by how much I like it as well as how much my fam loves it. I also gave a bunch of cans away and the feedback was universal—best tuna fish ever and when can they get some more. Go figure. I’d rather have it fresh never frozen...
  13. Matt B

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    Do you think fly pattern mattered or do you think they were just on the chew? @SilverFly does your 14 wt just cast like crap? Is that why you think you’d have done better to switch to a different rod? Or a different rod+line?
  14. Matt B

    Tuna 9/15/2026 with Captain Clayton

    Donkeys! "Please don't hook me with a 1/0 hook but especially please don't knock me into the cold cold North Pacific."
  15. Matt B

    What are you watching?

    I’ve never been to Minneapolis but I recognized that guy! He seems cool. Any friend of Nate P is probably pretty cool.
  16. Matt B

    Adult Dragonfly and Damselfly Pattern Recommendations

    This one has worked…occasionally.
  17. Matt B

    Stilly Logistics

    Sure does. It was that or walk. Everyone knew the terms of the deal.
  18. Matt B

    Coho run coming up short?

    Edit; link fixed above
  19. Matt B

    Maiden Voyage

    Yeah, leaning off the side to pee is actually not a great idea, I agree. I keep a bailer in my little boats which doubles as a pee can--it happens to be a plastic pitcher. If you kneel in the bottom of the boat, you can be pretty discreet with your wiz into the pitcher, which is useful for a lot...
  20. Matt B

    Maiden Voyage

    That, and the ability to stand up (or kneel if it's choppy or crowded) to pee makes having a beer during the day seem like a more viable option. I hate having to kick to shore and drop waders.
Back
Top