Recent content by Merle

  1. Merle

    Official Beach Line Thread

    The current Aqualux II lines are surprisingly similar to the OBS lines. Head length is the same at 30', but the OBS is heavier for a given line weight and the shape of the head is sorta reversed. See attached JPG I found an 8wt Aqualux II on sale at STP last year and it cast nicely on a 7wt...
  2. Merle

    Favorite old scans

    LOL, that Sherpa lined Levi’s jacket was a favorite of mine for many years. I actually kept it as an emergency backup under the back seat of my truck until about 2-3 years ago. I was cleaning out the vehicle, saw it and decided to try it on. Sadly, it had mysteriously shrunk due to the...
  3. Merle

    Favorite old scans

    Likely summer of 1987, on the back deck of my house growing up. Had just figured out how to catch planted trout consistently and posed for a hero photo:
  4. Merle

    Kudos to Echo

    Nice to hear. What was the rod?
  5. Merle

    Sage Sonic

    Hope you like it, let us know how it fishes! As a huge Z-axis fan, I have wondered how the Sonic stacks up.
  6. Merle

    Pacific Bonito "swarm" in San Diego bay.

    Those look like they’d be a blast to CNR from shore on a 5 or 6 weight!
  7. Merle

    Massachusetts striped bass, August 2026

    Sounds like an awesome trip!
  8. Merle

    Puget Sound

    Are those euphausids? Or some sort of krill?
  9. Merle

    20 gage shotguns

    I love the 20g but yeah my first thought was to go with light loads in the heavier 12g to make it mild mannered. I got a 20g REM 870 compact a few years back and the first time I took it out I was expecting a nice mild recoil, like I had remembered from shooting a friends gun way way back. But...
  10. Merle

    Maiden Voyage

    Brilliant!
  11. Merle

    Quick Turn of the Page!

    I’m also following this saga closely! If you arrow one in the ag field, and it runs onto tribal land, will you be able / allowed to pursue and retrieve it?
  12. Merle

    Sand in wading boots

    Do you have the original RiverSalts or the RiverSalt II ? I was looking online at them and it looks like the original version has a large pattern of drain holes on each side, that I’m guessing with each step the hydraulic action sucks sand in through those holes. The RiverSalt II boots don’t...
  13. Merle

    Rain

  14. Merle

    The Final Fishing Trip

    Good on you for giving him that gift. And sorry for your loss.
  15. Merle

    Non-Fly Taking mom trolling Saturday

    I’m a big fan of the wedding ring spinners. I used to use them most for trolling lowland lakes for trout when I was young. Nowadays, if I take out a non-flyfishing partner, I set them up with an ultralight spinning rod set up with the wedding ring, but trail a sparkly bodied Carey fly about...
Back
Top