Recent content by Matt B

  1. Matt B

    Northern Estuaries on The Island

    Good one!
  2. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    Yeah, all that—some “baking spices” as my buddy says. Just a teensy hint of some other stuff from the spice drawer like allspice and cardamom. I usually de-seed the whole dry chiles, because I want to use a lot of them, and agree, for me I don’t want a 5-alarm fire chili. Plus I hope other...
  3. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    Hot sauce is a requirement! Unless I accidentally made the whole batch really hot already…usually has been from getting too adventurous with the fresh chili pepper.
  4. Matt B

    Got any bird pics?

    Also I would tie some soft hackles with their feathers. Towhees are cool and my friends.
  5. Matt B

    Got any bird pics?

    ***Wildlife lover trigger warning*** This super bummed me out. I was just trying to keep the dang rats off the last of the tomatoes. Pulled the trap after finding this.
  6. Matt B

    What Are You Eating?

    I’ve never had it the way you do it with the sausage and bacon and I would love to try a bowl. Fed Ex? 😉 My buddy got me hooked on using several kinds of whole dried chiles, lightly toasted and blended into a sort of slurry, as the chili flavor base. That, plus a couple squares of baker’s...
  7. Matt B

    What are you playing?

    Poople #421 5/5 ⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟫 ⬜⬜⬜🟫 ⬜🟫⬜🟫 🟫🟫⬜🟫 🟫🟫🟫🟫 https://poople.io/ Poople is a game where you are served up a four-letter word and the challenge is to change that word, one letter at a time, to new words eventually leading to “POOP.” Learning the words in the “dictionary” they use is definitely...
  8. Matt B

    What the heck did I catch?

    Scale and pyloric ceaca counts would also be appreciated, mmkay? thanks
  9. Matt B

    Sea Run Cutthroat in rivers. What's your jam?

    I didn't watch the video, not because I've already seen it, but because I don't feel like watching a video of something I'd rather have been doing all last weekend.
  10. Matt B

    Jetties— they can be hazardous

    https://www.nytimes.com/2026/10/04/us/oregon-man-pinned-boulder-siri-rescue.html?unlocked_article_code=1.GlE.TxAB.dxqoKuXA66mX&smid=nytcore-ios-share I know some of you have fished from the Hammond jetty.
  11. Matt B

    Coffee talk

    I’ve never tried either, well maybe MJB a long time ago, nor your preferred brew, so feel free to dismiss me as talking from my rear because I clearly am.
  12. Matt B

    Coffee talk

    Maybe add a little charcoal and ash to it to get that bold French Roast flavor? I kid, I kid… 😉
  13. Matt B

    SFR Testing the waters - 2000 F250 Lariat 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke - low miles

    Boat? Did you say boat? What boat? Ha
  14. Matt B

    An unplanned purchase

    In case it wasn’t clear, this was at Spirit Halloween, the national chain “pop up” store. It might be riskier to “spot burn” posting about this stuff on the web than writing an article for a print magazine these days!
  15. Matt B

    Etiquette/Manners Question.

    Hard to say. More importantly, did the dog get to swim enough? That’s the other perspective here that hasn’t been discussed. Seriously though, it’s cool that you’re reflecting on it. And that your friend and lady can call you out and you aren’t seeming all pissed off.
Back
Top