Recent content by doublespey

  1. doublespey

    Fish Species That Defy the Fly

    Sturgeon has been done in Puget Sound by one of the saltwater fly guides. Saw the pics, they sightcast to it and it ate the fly.
  2. doublespey

    What the heck did I catch?

    I vote 'nook. Atlantics and Kokanee don't have the distinct spots on both lobes of the tail. More curious to how it got there.
  3. doublespey

    The good boat deal thread

    Paint a nice skull and crossbones on the sides and slap a 25hp Merc jet on the back and take it to Blue Creek. You'd be an instant legend!
  4. doublespey

    The good boat deal thread

    Your own private Titanic. ;)
  5. doublespey

    Desert Vibes....

    Awesome trip report Clarkman, my kinda trip. I always appreciate the solitude and wildlife interactions (gopher snakes included) almost as much as the fishing.
  6. doublespey

    Kudos to Echo

    Just remember, the alternative is even less desirable. ;)
  7. doublespey

    D and NU closures

    Just my opinion, but the hook gap issue is a red herring. If they really want to protect the wild steelhead in the D then close the river. Right now ODFW don't have an unbiased way of determining whether you're fishing for trout or steelhead, so it just comes down to how the warden feels...
  8. doublespey

    Guess I'll keep carpin

    Ugh . . .was just looking these numbers up and then saw this post. That's a major middle finger to my late Sept/Oct plans for sure. I'd say Thanks for posting but it just sucked the joy right out of my morning. Every year about this time I (usually) start getting antsy for my Clearwater/Snake...
  9. doublespey

    Waders - The awesome, the bad, the leaky

    Pretty much what I was going to post. Turned on to Aquaz some years ago, I have the waist highs and the zipper fronts. Both have been thru multiple seasons with no issues and the prices are reasonable. Then again I don't brushbuck like I used to. :D
  10. doublespey

    Wrist strap on Wading Staff?

    Don't use it on mine . . . either in the holster folded, hanging free in the current, or in my hand.
  11. doublespey

    Favorite Sage Fly Rod

    Agree = wish I'd hung on to a few. I sold all mine but would really like to have my Michael&Young custom 8150 back, if only because of all the memories it was a part of on the Thompson river. :(
  12. doublespey

    IP 28 Oregon

    Always follow the money. IMO this doesn't have a chance because of the financial impact it would have on Oregon business. It's just a feel good exercise for the PETA folks so they can preach their message.
  13. doublespey

    Johnny Bass Thumb...

    Jimmy the Thumbless :D
  14. doublespey

    High Lakes

    An easy anchor for a packraft is 20' of light nylon rope and a small mesh sack. You can buy em or make em. Get to the lake and fill it with a few rocks and you're good to go! My 6lb Alpacka Llama has several anchor points that I use when the wind is blowing so I can stay oriented to the...
  15. doublespey

    North Fork of the Stilly

    To prove that there's no limit to the crazy levels WDFW go to - theyTRUCK Chinook over Sunset Falls on the South Fork Skykomish and then close the river to protect them. Seems pretty clear that river fishermen are at the bottom of their priority list.
Back
Top